New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Unattended access

Links used in this discussion
Max Heath, User (Posts: 1)
Jul 23, 2018 4:45:11 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Windows 8.1 on one puter Win 7 on another. Host (v6.8) installed on both. Viewer (v6.8) is on a flashdrive. Access from the win 7 to the win 8.1 works as advertised. However, access from the Win 8.1 to the Win 7 machine will not access unless I manually launch the Host with the desktop shortcut. After that, it works fine. I uninstalled using Revo and reinstalled. No joy. New guy, treat me gently.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 24, 2018 5:07:24 am EDT
Hello Max,

Thank you for your post.

You do not need to run the Host with a shortcut, it isn't supposed to work that way. When you install the Host with default settings its service should automatically with Windows. If it doesn't, you should figure out why , this knowledge base article can help. You can also manually start and stop the Host service by using shortcuts "Start Host" and "Stop Host" found in the Windows Start menu.

However, when you directly click on rutserv.exe file in the Program Files folder you run the Host in the Agent mode. This behavior is a side effect of the current implementation and we will fix that soon.  

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)