Community

Remote computer going online / offline constantly

Links used in this discussion
Mario Blataric, User (Posts: 9)
Jul 30, 2018 6:02:57 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

Unfortunately, no such thing is possible, it is a live server.

Only thing I noticed is that server has three network interfaces.
I do select one in remote utilities but could it be this is confusing host software and is trying to switch between interfaces which is causing issues then?

Regards,
Mario
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 30, 2018 12:45:13 pm EDT
Hi Mario,

I do select one in remote utilities but could it be this is confusing host software and is trying to switch between interfaces which is causing issues then?

I am curious where in Remote Utilities interface you can select a network interface to use. :) We used to have network interface binding in the program but we removed that feature long time ago.

Could you post/attach a screenshot of the dialog window?

Thanks.
Jul 31, 2018 4:45:16 am EDT
Hi,

Right, sorry.
Not ability to choose IP, but to list through them.
Somehow I thought that “first” in the list is “selected” interface.

Anyway, multiple network interfaces is the only difference that I can notice.

Regards,
Mario
Aug 01, 2018 1:19:41 am EDT
Hello Mario,

If you are using your ID server as you mentioned, the IP address of the Host computer has nothing to do with remote connection. You are connecting to your Host through your ID server, which acts as an intermediary.

If there is direct connectivity with that Host, i.e. via a Local Network, you may try using direct connection instead of Internet-ID https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/what-is-a-direct-connection/
Alex DiStefano, User (Posts: 3)
Aug 01, 2018 11:45:23 am EDT
Have been having the same issue for the last few months on my laptop. However, I've noticed that connections with the IOS and Android apps are stable and do not suffer the same online/offline problems. Certainly not to the same extent as the PC.
Aug 02, 2018 11:49:10 am EDT
Hello Alex,

Could you please try the latest beta and see if the issue persists. You can download it from here https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/beta.php . Note that if you upgrade you should upgrade both modules, Viewer and Host, for proper testing results.

Thanks.
Aug 07, 2018 6:58:57 am EDT
Hi,

We are using Internet-ID to connect using our own intermediary server.

Everything is up to date with latest beta versions.
Is there a log from Viewer side I can send perhaps?

Regards,
Mario
Aug 07, 2018 9:48:01 am EDT
Hello Mario,

It is unlikely that the Viewer log will help much. Maybe we can have a remote session to test  it out using a Viewer and a Host on our side?
Aug 07, 2018 9:54:43 am EDT
Hi,

You want to connect directly to the disconnecting server or you had something else in mind?

Regards,
Mario
Aug 07, 2018 9:56:48 am EDT
We need to isolate the issue first. For example, we could set up a Host on our testing machine , point it to your ID server and leave it working for a while as well as give you access to that Host. You could see then if the connection is stable or not.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)