New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Constant Disconnecting

Links used in this discussion
Brian O'Neill, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 12, 2018 10:59:58 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have what should be the simplest setup: I connect from my work PC running Windows 10 to my home PC running Windows 10. When connected every 10-15 minutes I get the attached error and it disconnects. This is especially frustrating since I stream music from my home PC which constantly interrupts it.

I didn't have this problem with the product that rhymes with Beam Screwer. I was hoping your product would be a good replacement for them since they have decided that they want to call their free users liars and make us jump through hoops and still not be able to use their product, but it looks like I will have to keep searching if these disconnects keep occurring.
Attached Files
Constant Disconnecting
Edited:Brian O'Neill - Sep 12, 2018 11:02:40 am EDT
Sep 12, 2018 3:23:19 pm EDT
I found a fix for my own problem! Still, maybe posting this may help someone else...

The Host was Current version: 6.8.0.1 whereas the Viewer was Version 6.9.1.0 Beta 1. As soon as I updated the Host to the most recent Beta version, it has stopped disconnecting me.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Sep 12, 2018 6:07:37 pm EDT
Hello Brian,

Thank you for your post.

I didn't have this problem with the product that rhymes with Beam Screwer.

:)

The Host was Current version: 6.8.0.1 whereas the Viewer was Version 6.9.1.0 Beta 1. As soon as I updated the Host to the most recent Beta version, it has stopped disconnecting me.

Yes, you should avoid version mismatch between Viewer and Host if possible. This is especially true about the latest beta - there have been a lot of improvements and a whole new authorization system implemented in it.

Still, we will see how we can better inform the user about version mismatch right in the program.
Michael Kauffmann, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 13, 2018 5:26:51 am EDT
If it introduces incompatibilties,
it should be named 7.x .
Sep 13, 2018 5:38:11 am EDT
Hi Michael,

It's not exactly incompatibility. As with previous versions you can connect from 6.9.0.1 Viewer to 6.8.0.1 Host and update it if necessary (only now in beta the Simple update doesn't work yet, this is intentional - it will work in the final release).

Besides, there is another consideration - we just wanted to let as many customers as possible to upgrade for free. Given that this version has very important changes, namely new encryption algo and authorization scheme, we need as broad user base as possible to receive more feedback.
Carol Wilson, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 19, 2018 12:04:28 pm EDT
I am having the same problem.  Disconnects often (says connection interrupted).  I have the same version 6.8.0.1 for both Host and Viewer.
Sep 20, 2018 4:53:01 am EDT
Hello Carol,

Feel free to send us the Host log files at support@remote-utilities.com for examination. You can locate the logs in the Host installation folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\
Sep 22, 2018 10:57:21 am EDT
So this is still a problem even with both computers updated with the most recent 6.9.1.0 version.
I just emailed the log file from yesterday. Hopefully you can assist.
I would have just uploaded it here but I cannot upload files other than image files AFAICT.
Sep 24, 2018 6:21:23 am EDT
Hi Brian,

I responded via email, thanks.

Uploading your log files here is not recommended,  even though the logs don't contain any personally identifiable information.
David Bloombberg, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 30, 2019 11:24:09 am EST
New to RU...Great Product so far, but having this disconnect issue....Losing Connection and it doesn't reconnect on its own....have to exit out fully and reconnect from viewer to host.....n   Using Internet ID configuration....   Host is on a local Domain if that matters.....

Would using a big program like Quickbooks on the Host PC tend to create more issues for RU to maintain the connection ?

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)