Community

Install the host with internet restriction

remmote, User (Posts: 3)
Aug 06, 2013 2:43:50 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

First of all, this software it’s great!! I’m impressed about speed and ease-of-use.
I just have a question: is it possible not to show the web page of remote utilities after installation? I’m trying to install the host on my pc at work, but because of internet restriction when it tries to connect to the remote utilities website it prompts an error and the installation doesn’t finish correctly.

thanks
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 06, 2013 2:53:50 am EDT
Hello,

First of all, this software it’s great!! I’m impressed about speed and ease-of-use.

Thank you very much for the kind words.  8)

I just have a question: is it possible not to show the web page of remote utilities after installation? I’m trying to install the host on my pc at work, but because of internet restriction when it tries to connect to the remote utilities website it prompts an error and the installation doesn’t finish correctly.

Are you installing from a custom built one-click installer (prepared in MSI Configurator)?
Aug 06, 2013 3:02:46 am EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:
Are you installing from a custom built one-click installer (prepared in MSI Configurator)?

Yes, I prefere it as I can set up everything before the installation
Aug 06, 2013 6:08:53 am EDT

when it tries to connect to the remote utilities website it prompts an error and the installation doesn’t finish correctly.

Internet connectivity (and hence the website being displayed or not displayed) has nothing to do with successful one-click installation. The Host installs anyway - you can check that for yourself by opening the Windows Start menu or (if you selected not to install Start menu icons) by looking at the process list for that computer.

Hope that helps. Let me  know if you need more assistance.

P.S. We'll soon replace opening the website with displaying a simple message window.
Aug 06, 2013 11:14:32 am EDT
Thanks for your reply.

Actually it was giving me an error because the one-click exe for the installation wasn't able to open the browser (see image below).

I solved the problem by running the exe as the administrator.

Thanks for your help
Aug 06, 2013 11:11:59 pm EDT
I see. Well, we'll eliminate that issue altogether when we replace the site opening in a browser with a simple message.

Anyway, thank you for bringing our attention to this issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)