New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Can´t connect to my own Internet ID - Server

Jonas Lechner, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 25, 2018 9:47:50 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello everybody,

i am currently testing several remote desktop solutions and so far I really like remote utilities. I am using Version 6.9.4.0 on a Windows 10 Pro machine.
I´d love to keep on using it but there is one big problem. I simply cannot connect to my own Internet-ID Server - it always says "No Connection available". The Dynamic DNS Server itself is defnintly online since I can connect to it with other software. I tried many different ways to write it (my.server.net, my.server.net:443, etc) but nothing works. I opened all the reuired ports in my router but that doesn´t have any effect either.
I hope someone can help me. Thanks in andvance

Jonas Lechner
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Oct 25, 2018 11:15:43 am EDT
Hello Jonas,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify how exactly you are trying to connect to your server? Namely, are you trying to use the server to broker an Internet-ID connection or are you trying to connect to the server itself (i.e. using server Admin Console from another computer) ? A screenshot would help.

Looking forward to your reply.
Jonas Lechner, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 25, 2018 11:30:02 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,
thanks for your fast reply. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I tried to configure the Remote Utilities host and use my own DDNS as Internet ID - Server.
But the Problem just solved itself. I waited for about 2h and all of a sudden the software was able to connect.
Thank you anyways
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Oct 25, 2018 11:32:43 am EDT
Hi Jonas,

I'm glad to hear you figured out the problem. Perhaps, it was a DNS propagation issue - for some reason the IP address of your server couldn't be resolved on the Host side for some time.

Anyway, if you need any assistance in the future don't hesitate to post in the community.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)