Community

Printing labels on a Zebra 450 Thermal printer

Links used in this discussion
Gary Mong, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 26, 2018 3:41:57 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
When trying to print to the Zebra 450 thermal printer the remote printer produces an image that is one quarter the size of the label. When it prints it only prints on one quarter of the label. Is there away to print to this thermal printer in RU. I have the printer defined as a generic thermal printer with 4 x 6 labels. The host is on Windows 8.1, the viewer on Windows 7.
Thank you.
Gary Mong, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 27, 2018 9:36:30 am EST
Can you install a second Virtual Printer on RU  and set it's driver to print on thermal label stock? The default Virtual Printer is setup in letter mode.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 28, 2018 3:10:04 pm EST
Hello Gary,

Thank you for your post.

Could you try opening the Remote Utilities printer properties and add the paper size there. This is what it might look like:

Printing labels on a Zebra 450 Thermal printer - 28 Nov 2018 03:09:59
Dan Emerson, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 13, 2021 7:29:29 am EDT
I am having this same issue myself, but there is no option to change the printer paper size. Using the latest version of the software.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 13, 2021 9:32:49 am EDT
Hello Dan,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify the following:
1. Do you use the Zebra 450 thermal printer as well?
2. What options do you see in the Remote Utilities Printer Properties window -> Paper tab? If possible, please provide a screenshot of how this tab's content looks on your machine.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dan Emerson, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 13, 2021 9:40:22 am EDT
Dymo 400 Label printers. Same issue. Prints super tiny on the already tiny label. No option to change the font from letter.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 13, 2021 1:34:13 pm EDT
Hello Dan,

Thank you for the clarification.

I've checked with our developers on this issue - this is a known issue that manifests itself only with a certain type of printers (i.e. label printers), therefore, unfortunately, we're unable to reproduce the issue and implement a fix for it. In addition, please also note that according to our Support Policy, unfortunately, we cannot assist in resolving hardware issues. I apologize if this makes our program less useful for you.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)