Community

Print Screen only executing locally (at viewer)

Links used in this discussion
David Roudebush, User (Posts: 8)
Nov 18, 2018 4:18:46 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Windows 7-64 on host and viewer. V 6.9.4
When I hit PrtScr at the viewer computer, it brings up the local screen capture option.
If I use the menu items in the control bar of the viewer window to send PrtScr to the host computer, I still get the local screen capture instead of triggering the host screen capture.
Is there any way to get a popup option when you hit PrtScr (as in Splashtop) or the ability to always pass the PrtScr through to the host (as in GoToMyPC)?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 19, 2018 12:07:24 pm EST
Hello David,

Thank you for your post.

If I use the menu items in the control bar of the viewer window to send PrtScr to the host computer, I still get the local screen capture instead of triggering the host screen capture.

When you use the "Send key" -> PrintScreen command in the Full Control mode toolbar you copy the remote screen image to the clipboard on the remote (Host) computer. The clipboard should automatically sync with your Viewer computer's clipboard and you should be able to paste the image in an image editor on the Viewer computer.  

If this command doesn't work please make sure that no other programs are intercepting this key on the remote machine. Sometimes, screentaking applications replace this key's action with their own.
David Roudebush, User (Posts: 8)
Nov 27, 2018 1:17:33 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Thank you. Yes, there are installed screen capture applications on each machine. We want them to work properly, but they are not being activated when hitting PrtScr.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 28, 2018 5:07:29 am EST
Hello David,

And what is the application name? Is it installed on both Viewer and Host?

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)