New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Sound is loud static

Links used in this discussion
jackk, User (Posts: 23)
Dec 22, 2018 4:25:02 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Using the newest host and viewer 6.9.4.0.  The remote sound is a very loud static sound.  You can barely hear some (very little) of the original sound within the static, but it mostly sounds like a radio tuned to a station that doesn't exist and turned all the way up.

These are Windows 10 computers.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 22, 2018 5:48:29 pm EST
Hi Jack,

I'm sorry, could you please clarify what you mean by static sound? Is it some sort of a permanent noise or else?

Thanks.
Dec 25, 2018 3:38:17 pm EST
It is a loud static only while there is a sound file playing.  For example, if I play a 3 second audio file, there will be loud static for 3 seconds.  Or, if I change the volume on the host computer (you know there is that 1-second ding sound when you change the volume by the clock, the remote computer will have a loud static sound for 1 second instead of the ding sound.  If I try to play a video on the host, the remote will have a loud static sound as long as the video is playing.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 26, 2018 5:44:50 am EST
Hello Jack,

It could help to see a screenshot of your speakers properties. Please, refer to this forum thread, the second page.
Dec 27, 2018 1:45:46 pm EST
Here is the screenshot.
Attached Files
Remote Sound is loud static

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)