New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Connection Window is Very Small

Amy Chaplin, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 04, 2019 7:59:39 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
I've installed remote utilities viewer on a new computer, and can't figure out how to enlarge the window size. It also seems that the preferences window is very small. Any ideas how to enlarge the view? I am running this on Window 10 via Parallels Desktop.
Attached Files
Remote Connection Window is Very Small Remote Connection Window is Very Small
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 05, 2019 5:54:25 am EST
Hello Amy,

Thank you for your message.

Does the maximize window button work? I mean the second screenshot with the Full Control window.
Amy Chaplin, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 11, 2019 8:47:39 am EST
Hi, thank you for the response. The maximize button makes the Viewer window larger, but the computer screen inside the viewer window remains the same size.
Attached Files
Remote Connection Window is Very Small
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 11, 2019 8:57:58 am EST
Hello Amy,

This is because the resolution on the remote computer screen is lower than the resolution on the Viewer screen, and you are viewing the remote desktop "pixel-for-pixel". You should enable the stretch mode to fill the entire desktop on the Viewer side.

Right click on the connection item in the address book, select Properties -> Modes -> Stretch.

Remote Connection Window is Very Small - 11 Jan 2019 08:56:45

Note, however, that this way you are simply stretching the image, not adding more pixels (graphical information) to it. So the image may not look as crisp as you would expect if the remote resolution were the same as the local one.
Darrin Mulligan, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 14, 2022 9:50:38 pm EST
I resolved a issue with the window opening to a very small size by standardizing all the session display settings.  It appears that having one session set with a 24bit / FPS setting would resize all to a small window.    Standardizing all sessions on 16bit / Normal resolved my issue.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 15, 2022 3:01:21 pm EST
Hello Darrin,

Thank you for your input.

Hopefully, it might help other users if they face similar issues in the future.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)