New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Keyboard input issues after viewer 6.9.4

Vasilis, User (Posts: 19)
Jan 08, 2019 5:10:58 am EST
Hi,

I have the host installed at a remote computer (Windows) and I use the viewer part from my Linux PC that runs with Wine with no issues so far. After upgrading the viewer from 6.9.4 to 6.10.3, the keyboard does not work as it did in 6.9.4. I'm explaining the issue:

When I connect to the remote Windows PC I want to be able to type in Greek with accents. That worked by having my local keyboard (Linux) in English and the remote keyboard in Greek (reversed). By clicking the dead key button (the : ; key) for the accent and the corresponding vowel (eg. ά) I could type in the remote PC just fine. After upgrading to 6.10.3, this stopped working. Whatever language I had chosen in the remote PC, I always typed in the language selected in my Linux box. The problem is the accents. This way, I cannot put accents in the vowels.

After a bit of digging in the forum, I read that the keyboard input method changed in 6.10.3. Could you please elaborate? Is it possible to fix this somehow?

Thanks!
Vasilis
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 08, 2019 1:09:52 pm EST
Hello Vasilis,

We included an option to switch to the old method in connection properties. See the checkbox  "Use legacy keyboard input model":

Keyboard input issues after viewer 6.9.4 - 08 Jan 2019 01:09:40

Hope that helps.
Vasilis, User (Posts: 19)
Jan 08, 2019 1:13:10 pm EST
Thanks! I will try it out. But will this option stay in future releases?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 08, 2019 1:19:17 pm EST
Hi Vasilis,

But will this option stay in future releases?

Yes, certainly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)