New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Frequent disconnects

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 28, 2018 7:36:03 am EST
Hi Thierry ,

Steps to fix connectivity issues (or rather pointers that help understand where to look at) are available in our knowledge base:

Cannot connect using Internet-ID connection
Cannot connect using direct connection

The primary source where to look at whenever you have any connectivity issues is the  Host log. Does it have any errors?
Thierry Lavoie, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 28, 2018 11:14:42 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Yes,  I frequently get this error code:

28.12.2018---02:35:40:681 96 Internet-ID ErrorCode <> 0 Error code: 1

What does it mean? How can I fix that?
Dec 28, 2018 5:08:48 pm EST
Hello Thierry ,

This error means that the Host cannot connect to the intermediary relay server. There should be other errors in addition to that one. Could you please send us the complete log at support@remote-utilities.com.

Thanks.
Manuel J Gomez, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 21, 2019 10:33:14 pm EST

Thierry Lavoie wrote:

Yes,  I frequently get this error code:

28.12.2018---02:35:40:681 96 Internet-ID ErrorCode <> 0 Error code: 1

What does it mean? How can I fix that?

I am having this same issue. Was it ever resolved?
Jan 22, 2019 9:02:06 am EST
Hello Manuel,

I can see that you have also created a ticket.  I will respond in the ticket then.
Thierry Lavoie, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 22, 2019 9:38:12 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Manuel,
`
No luck here.. I have been told the problem is my network although I have been using competing products without an issue.. No help beyond that... If you find a solution, please let me know.

Thanks
Jan 22, 2019 10:10:43 am EST
Hello Thierry,

I have been told the problem is my network although I have been using competing products without an issue..

I am sorry, but the fact that competing solutions work doesn't necessarily mean that Remote Utilities may not be blocked on a router or antivirus/firewall software level or otherwise. We don't know the specifics of your network, your router firmware, security settings, corporate policy, IP/website filtering policy - the list goes on and on. How are we supposed to resolve these issues while not having access to the environment itself? It's only the system administrator of that specific network who can help you figure out why a standard TCP/IP application such as Remote Utilities cannot (or isn't allowed to) send packets to a remote server (or directly to Host for that matter).

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)