New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Can sign in to server in viewer, but the host keep offline

Links used in this discussion
Khasia Vidra Pratama, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 22, 2019 6:35:23 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi, I'm Khasia

I want to access my pc (as host) thru the Internet using IP address, where the host and server is connected to local network, then the viewer connected to my phone connection, i already set the configuration for host, server, and viewer like the instruction you give. and i already setup the port forwarding for the server IP address.

the issue is, for now i already able to sign in, in the viewer. and i already able to open the address book, but the host is still offline.

in fact, before it, i already try to make the connection between host, server, and viewer using the local connection for make sure that my server is work. and the result is i can access the host thru the server.

i using host 6.9 , server 2.7, and viewer 6.9 version

Please help me about this issue, thanks
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 22, 2019 11:14:40 am EST
Hello Khasia,

If you want to connect to a remote Host located behind a router over the Internet you have the following options:

1. Set up port forwarding on the router to establish direct connection with Host.  You don't need to use RU Server for that.

2. You can set up Internet-ID connection through our public hosted ID service. This works out-of-the-box, again you don't need RU Server for that. Just follow this connecting tutorial.

3. You can set up Internet-ID connection and use your own self-hosted server (RU Server) to broker the connection. This is a more advanced option than the first two - you should install RU Server, make sure it is externally accessible and set up Viewer and Host accordingly.

While you can go either way, the easiest option is #2 and the most complex option is #3. Option 1 (direct connection) is good if you have access to your router on the Host side. This option provides the best performance and speed possible.

Hope that helps.
Jan 22, 2019 11:16:27 am EST

i using host 6.9 , server 2.7, and viewer 6.9 version

By the way, I highly recommend that you update Viewer and Host to the latest version.
Khasia Vidra Pratama, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 23, 2019 9:21:33 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I forget to tell you, that my host is don't have  access to internet, it's mean i can using option 1 for that, because it's have to get the external IP and it's will be unable too for using Internet-ID right ?

and i already read and follow the instruction that you give before. and i attach the picture for what the issue that i get
Attached Files
Can sign in to server in viewer, but the host keep offline
Jan 24, 2019 2:08:03 pm EST
Hello Khasia,

I am very sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding what it is exactly an issue in your case. If your Host does not have Internet access and you want to connect to it over a local network (LAN), please follow this procedure https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/connecting-over-lan/

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)