Community

Win 10 Start menu open slows down RU

Links used in this discussion
Jeremy C, User (Posts: 10)
Jan 22, 2019 10:09:19 pm EST
I try as much as possible not to do it but sometime have no other choice but to click on Windows 10 Start menu. Then everything slows down till point of stalling, especially if host has a couple of live tiles running.
Its a funny issue tho, stalling does not occur if there is animation/video in browser. It does slow down the responds for RU but does not stall/hang like Win10 Start menu.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 23, 2019 11:19:10 am EST
Hi Jeremy,

This might be mitigated a bit (in theory) if you adjust some performance settings, like enabling the Economy Mode. Here is more information https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/slow-remote-connection-speed-performance/

Hope that helps.
Jeremy C, User (Posts: 10)
Jan 23, 2019 7:12:56 pm EST
Hi Conrad,
I like your reply, in theory.
I have used RU for some years now. Have explored and exhausted all sorts of speed mitigation issues.
The two that plagues RU, even now with the current version are 1.Windows lock screen login and 2. Windows Start menu.
There are news that MS may do away with Live Tiles, here's hoping.
I have also bypassed this by installing classic shell start menu. Most customers are happy with that because they have been familiar and comfortable with the old style start menu.
Its a minor issue to me, but may not be to other RUsers.

I really do want RU to be a GREAT challenge to tv that corporations would pay, for your r&d. Its a catch22 tho.
Edited:Jeremy C - Jan 23, 2019 7:14:37 pm EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 24, 2019 2:36:32 pm EST
Hi Jeremy,

I will forward this to our development. Perhaps, something really can be done about speeding up displaying the menu.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)