Community

configurator problem

giuseppe sciarra, User (Posts: 7)
Feb 12, 2019 5:26:56 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
everytime a new version of viewer comes out i upgrade the agent..
i want the agent that everytime i open up it changes the id..
i tried every possible configuration in id internet but everytime it show the same id and password
how i can i configure the agent to change id everytime?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 12, 2019 7:44:03 am EST
Hello Giuseppe,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there's no way to configure a new Internet-ID every time you open an Agent. But this feature is already  in our wish list, so we plan to add it in the future releases.

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Feb 12, 2019 8:10:30 am EST
that's not true.. with the older version 6.9.4 if I not check anything in internet id (see image)  everytime the agent start it change the id.. so it's a bug with the latest version?
Attached Files
configurator problem
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 12, 2019 1:48:03 pm EST
Hello Giuseppe,

Thank you for the details.

with the older version 6.9.4 if I not check anything in internet id (see image) everytime the agent start it change the id.

This was an unexpected behavior, a bug (which masqueraded as a feature). We fixed it in the subsequent updates.

The correct behavior is this: when you do not select "Generate a new Internet-ID code" , the ID will stay the same on the remote computer where you previously ran the Agent. However, if you do enable this checkbox, the ID will get generated anew.  This is how it works in the current version.

As for getting a new ID generated each time you run the same Agent on the same computer (i.e. a new ID for each session) , this feature is in our wish list just as Polina mentioned above.

Hope that helps.
Feb 12, 2019 3:14:28 pm EST

The correct behavior is this: when you do not select "Generate a new Internet-ID code" , the ID will stay the same on the remote computer where you previously ran the Agent. However, if you do enable this checkbox, the ID will get generated anew. This is how it works in the current version.

so if i not select the checkbox i will have the same id on the same machine or i will have the same id on every machine?
then if i select generate new id it changes.. but not on the same machine but on another machine? is this right?

if it is.. then it's ok.. the important is that i not have the same id on multiple machines
M M, Guest
Feb 12, 2019 3:21:37 pm EST
Hi Giuseppe,

so if i not select the checkbox i will have the same id on the same machine or i will have the same id on every machine?

An Internet-ID code cannot be the same on every machine. Each machine always has its own unique ID.

then if i select generate new id it changes.. but not on the same machine but on another machine? is this right?

It changes relative to the old Internet-ID which was used previously on the same machine. Let's say you ran Agent on computer A and ID was 111-111-111-111. Then you configured a new Agent with the enabled option "Generate a new Internet-ID code" and ran this Agent on computer A. In this case the old ID will get re-written to a newly generated ID (let's say 222-222-222-222).

the important is that i not have the same id on multiple machines

You won't have same IDs on multiple machines anyway. You can be sure of that.
Feb 12, 2019 3:44:03 pm EST
ok thanks.. now i understood.. let's see when new id for every session will be available
just one question, for get a new ID, the correct behavior when i create/upgrade a new agent is (attached)?

sometimes when i ran the agent i get this (immagine 2.jpg) the password is filled with bullets and nothing i can see ...why?
Attached Files
configurator problem configurator problem
Edited:giuseppe sciarra - Feb 12, 2019 3:46:20 pm EST
Feb 12, 2019 3:48:14 pm EST
Hello Giuseppe,

i will have the same id on the same machine or i will have the same id on every machine

As already mentioned above, ID is unique for each machine and cannot be duplicated.

let's see when new id for every session will be available

We will do our best :)

just one question, for get a new ID, the correct behavior when i create/upgrade a new agent is (attached)?

Yes, correct. In this case the old Agent settings (if any) on the remote computer will get overwritten with new Agent settings, including the Internet-ID code.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Feb 12, 2019 3:50:34 pm EST
just edited the post.. with a question :D
anyway.. sometimes when i ran the agent i get this (immagine 2.jpg) the password is filled with bullets and nothing i can see ...why?
this happens only if i check both boxs on internet ID:
box checked: set or update internet-ID connecction settings and Generate a new internet--ID code
not happens when only the first box is checked (immagine3.jpg)
Attached Files
configurator problem configurator problem
Edited:giuseppe sciarra - Feb 12, 2019 3:54:50 pm EST
Feb 12, 2019 4:08:37 pm EST
Hello Giuseppe,

To test out this issue we must know what you choose in all configuration steps, not just in Step 3. Could you take screenshots of all steps? We'll try to reproduce the problem.

Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)