Community

Not connecting

Links used in this discussion
john Randal, User (Posts: 120)
Mar 03, 2019 9:33:37 am EST
Ive noticed i cannot connect to my hosts they timeout are you having problems with the online server?
Muhannad Abudahab, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 03, 2019 9:58:24 am EST
Support level: Free or trial

john Randal wrote:

Ive noticed i cannot connect to my hosts they timeout are you having problems with the online server?

Same problem here
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 03, 2019 10:51:02 am EST
Hello,

There was a planned restart for maintenance for about 5 minutes or so. Now the servers are up and running.

Let us know if you have issues. Thanks.
john Randal, User (Posts: 120)
Mar 03, 2019 4:26:02 pm EST
THANKS Working now are there any clear instructions or videos on creating out own server to point tot he computers ? and any instructions on a sonic wall firewall to pass them through? have you ever added this feature to a synolgy unit?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 04, 2019 9:33:08 am EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

are there any clear instructions or videos on creating out own server to point tot he computers ?

Please refer to this guide on setting up the RU Server relay role.
You can also read more about the RU Server and its other roles in our Documentation.

and any instructions on a sonic wall firewall to pass them through?

Unfortunately, we cannot assist you in setting up a port forwarding rule in a third-party firewall. Please refer to the Sonic Wall Documentation.
You can read more about ports that are used by the RU Server here.
Also, you might find useful information on setting up port forwarding rules in this section.

have you ever added this feature to a synolgy unit?

Unfortunately, we don't integrate with this software. Remote Utilities works as a standalone program for Windows OS/iOS/Android.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)