Community

Gateway Mediation Server & RU Servers

Michael Peer, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 15, 2014 11:16:21 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Is it possible to use either a gateway mediation server (installed and working at my office) or the RU servers to view a host? I ask this because if the gateway mediation server computer at my office goes down I still need a way to get to my remote computers. How can I set that up? Can I run 2 instances of Host, one configured to use my gms and one to use your servers?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 15, 2014 11:26:30 am EST
Hello Michael

It's "either..or". Unfortunately, there's no failover mechanism to automatically switch to a default server when the GMS is down. This would add more complexity as it seems at first.

I recommend using the default server if there is a slightest possibility that the GMS PC is unavailable. We constantly monitor our mediation servers and they are located in industrial grade data centers. If they are down (which is very rare and mostly due to maintenance for a very short time) we are notified immediately and can take all measures necessary.  
Michael Peer, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 15, 2014 12:01:17 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Can I change to your servers remotely or do I need to physically be at the host computer?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 15, 2014 12:18:00 pm EST

Michael Peer wrote:
Can I change to your servers remotely or do I need to physically be at the host computer?

You mean, via Remote Utilities connection? You can. However, you might need to reboot the computer in order for the Host to restart and apply the settings. Try to test it without rebooting first.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)