Community

self hosted server / Sync address book to All Viewers

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Mar 22, 2019 12:54:05 pm EDT
Thank you.... This is just a little bit different. Have been using  [censored] for years but NO MORE!!!!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 22, 2019 2:27:40 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

Please don't hesitate to post another message or open a ticket if you need assistance.
Dave Fortin, User (Posts: 5)
Oct 26, 2021 2:03:21 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Does the address book direct connections to Host on your servers or does it need to hold host accts too?

Thanks   sorry for the hijack.....
Oct 26, 2021 2:37:48 pm EDT
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that you want to connect to your remote Host via Direct connection without adding them to your address book in case if they are stored on our servers? If this is the case, unfortunately, we do not store the remote connections credentials on our servers, i.e. each remote Host that you want to connect to needs to be added to your address book as a connection entry as described here. Sorry if this makes our software less useful for you.

Hope that helps.
Dave Fortin, User (Posts: 5)
Oct 26, 2021 3:07:55 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
What I mean is   I use your servers for my clients due to bandwidth constraints.   If I do that can I use an RU server for address book only so that multiple users can have the same access to all clients/hosts that are are on your servers?  Make sense?
Oct 26, 2021 3:44:02 pm EDT
Hello Dave,

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, it's possible to set up any role for RU Server as a single role, so you can definitely set up the Address book sync only and still connect to your remote Hosts via our public servers. i.e. setting up the relay server role is not required for the sync role to work. Here's a related guide on setting up the address book sync role for the RU Server.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)