Community

Changing host connection properties either locally or remotely?

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Apr 02, 2019 11:09:23 am EDT
If I need to change the single password on any given host and I have the host settings to where, the user cannot access them by right-clicking on the tray icon, how can this be done?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 02, 2019 11:56:45 am EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

You can change the settings of a running remote Host from within the Viewer (i.e. remotely).
To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the target connection in the Viewer and sel ect Remote Settings:
Changing host connection properties either locally or remotely? - 03 Apr 2019 11:24:52
2. The Host configuration window will appear. Make all the desired changes to the Host settings and click OK. Please note, that if you are not logged on to the remote Host, an authorization prompt will appear.
Changing host connection properties either locally or remotely? - 03 Apr 2019 11:25:10
Also, please refer to this guide on the remote settings feature: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/remote-settings/

Please note, that after you change the password, your current session will keep running. Changes will be applied when you reconnect to the remote Host.

You can also invoke the Host configuration window fr om the Windows Start Menu on the Host machine:
Changing host connection properties either locally or remotely? - 03 Apr 2019 11:25:29

Please note, that if you have the settings protection feature enabled, the remote user needs to know the password to change the settings.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)