Community

Constant Disconnecting

Links used in this discussion
snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
Apr 16, 2019 8:58:31 am EDT
Same issue for myself. It's really frustrating.. sometimes it will keep the connection for ages, other times it drops off in a few minutes. I'm running a local server for all connection and it doesn't matter whether it's on LAN or over the internet, same result.

Server, viewer, and host are all at the latest versions but I've had it happen pretty much since I started using the product.
Edited:snk-nick - Apr 16, 2019 9:02:09 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 16, 2019 11:25:38 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

We just released a new version of Remote Utilities where we implemented some fixes to our servers. Please, try updating Host, Viewer and RU Server to the most recent version (2.10.8.0 for Host and Viewer and 2.7.8.0 for RU Server) and see if this resolves the issue. You can download it on this page: https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/

When you update Remote Utilities, please make sure that Viewer and Host/Agent are the same versions. Please note, that version mismatch between Viewer and Host/Agent may lead to performance issues and some features not working.

Hope that helps.
MaxBlitzer, User (Posts: 68)
Apr 16, 2019 6:34:50 pm EDT

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello,

We just released a new version of Remote Utilities where we implemented some fixes to our servers. Please, try updating Host, Viewer and RU Server to the most recent version (2.10.8.0 for Host and Viewer and 2.7.8.0 for RU Server) and see if this resolves the issue. You can download it on this page:  https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/

When you update Remote Utilities, please make sure that Viewer and Host/Agent are the same versions. Please note, that version mismatch between Viewer and Host/Agent may lead to performance issues and some features not working.

Hope that helps.

Hoping this helps with the constant pop ups for clients when Viewer is open.

The downloads has version 2.7.9.0.

Is there a way to do the server upgrade without requiring a reboot? Even selecting the option in the setup to close the open applications and restart them after still said I needed to reboot after the update was done. That's one of the worst part of Windows machines, the need to reboot and how long it takes to reboot.

Thanks
snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
Apr 16, 2019 10:36:17 pm EDT
Are there any release notes for these new versions?
Apr 17, 2019 1:34:16 am EDT

snk-nick wrote:

Are there any release notes for these new versions?

Yea, right next to the download links.
Apr 17, 2019 1:35:24 am EDT

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello,

We just released a new version of Remote Utilities where we implemented some fixes to our servers. Please, try updating Host, Viewer and RU Server to the most recent version (2.10.8.0 for Host and Viewer and 2.7.8.0 for RU Server) and see if this resolves the issue. You can download it on this page:  https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/

Hope that helps.

FYI, this was my first upgrade of an RU server.  Had 5-6 clients connects before hand, and now there are none.

I guess I'll try a downgrade when I get home.

Edit: PEBKAC fail. I needed to check the Idle tab instead of the Active tab.  My bad.
Edited:MaxBlitzer - Apr 17, 2019 1:42:16 am EDT
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 17, 2019 4:01:29 am EDT
Hello Max,

Hoping this helps with the constant pop ups for clients when Viewer is open.

This is an evading issue that we can't reproduce 100% . After you update to the most recent version (Viewer, Host and Server) and you if you continue experiencing these pop-ups, could you please contact us via the tickets. Perhaps, with your help we'll be able to figure out the problem.

Edit: PEBKAC fail. I needed to check the Idle tab instead of the Active tab. My bad.

Just wanted to confirm, if it's working for you now?

Thanks.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 18, 2019 8:30:53 am EDT
Hello everyone,

After some extensive testing we found the cause for the "online-offline" pop-ups, the issue was on the Viewer side. You can reproduce this issue yourselves if you do the following:

1. Set up an Internet-ID connection (regardless public server or self-hosted) and log in on a remote Host. Your connection icon in Viewer must show a green monitor or a remote screen preview meaning that you are being authorized on the remote Host.

2. Without logging off the connection in the Viewer stop the remote Host (right click the Host icon - Stop Host) for a 1-2 min.  Then start Host by using Windows Start menu -> Remote Utilities Host -> Start Host.

3. Allow some time for the connection to go back online in Viewer and then wait for a few minutes. Notice how the connection starts briefly "going down" and back up with a 1-minute interval.

This issue is going to be fixed in the nearest RU update, in approximately a week from now.
Brian Kasik, User (Posts: 4)
May 17, 2019 2:06:34 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am having intermittent disconnects also and it's driving me crazy. I can not operate like this.
Does this happen in the paid version? Happens mostly in early AM hours, after midnight EDT.
But I can only work on my clients systems late after hours or I'd connect during the day.
I don't know what to do.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 17, 2019 10:43:27 am EDT
Hello Brian,

Could you please clarify if the issue still persists? Recently we had a minor issue on our servers, but it's already fixed, so the servers are back up and running.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)