Community

Doing the simple update

Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Apr 17, 2019 12:08:15 pm EDT
From my viewer that I updated to the latest version, I am doing the simple update. However, the hosts in my synchronized address book are still showing that they need the update
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 17, 2019 2:09:38 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you performed re-logon after updating the Hosts? This step is needed to update the Hosts version number in the Details view.

Looking forward to your reply.
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Apr 17, 2019 2:16:13 pm EDT
So, I x'ed out of the viewer and then opened it back up. I did not logout and log back into the viewer and synchronized AB
Apr 17, 2019 3:56:30 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

Closing the Viewer or logging off the RU Server does not affect the information on the Host version contained in the Viewer. The version number of the Host is cached at the moment of the latest logon to the Host.
Please try performing re-logon to the Hosts and see if the problem persists.

Hope that helps.
MaxBlitzer, User (Posts: 68)
Apr 22, 2019 9:08:20 pm EDT
This is not very good default behaviour. You need to add the version callback after the upgrades so that the updated version string is updated and shown automatically.  It should be part of the successful upgrade verification step.

I can't get over how frustrated and confused I was when simple updates appeared to be successful but kept showing the old version.  There is absolutely no other software I can think of that behaves this way.
Apr 23, 2019 11:18:26 am EDT
Hello Max,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, you are absolutely right. We are planning to add Host version check in the online mode in one of our future updates. Meanwhile, we will partially implement this system in the nearest update which is due in a few days.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)