New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

minimize/close to tray RU agent

Links used in this discussion
Sebi Toa, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 24, 2019 4:10:39 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

How do I minimize/close to tray the RU agent?
Having it opened in the taskbar is really counterproductive as you can accidentally close it when trying to close a different application.
It also adds another "tab" when alt+tab-ing though opened applications and uses unnecessary space on the taskbar.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 24, 2019 10:38:40 am EDT
Hello Sebi,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to minimize the Agent to the tray. The Agent is supposed to work explicitly, that is it should always be visible in the taskbar. If we add a tray-only option the remote user may easily overlook the fact that the Agent is running on their PC.

I am sorry if that makes the program less useful for you.
Sebi Toa, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 24, 2019 4:39:57 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
There's a popup you can't close if someone connects to your machine, isn't that enough?
Anyway, I was hoping there is something I'm missing, but if this is the way it should work, I guess I'll have to look into something more practical.
Anyway, thank you for the answer and good luck.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 25, 2019 10:58:47 am EDT
Hello Sebi,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean the First connection warning? This warning is shown only once and it goes away when the remote user clicks on it. However, it doesn't affect your ability to connect right away, it's an informational message.
That message is necessary to let the user know that the program was installed and to prevent the rogue activities out-of-the-box. Remote users must always know that they are being monitored or are about to be monitored.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)