Community

Agent Upgrade changes Internet ID

Links used in this discussion
p p, User (Posts: 7)
May 13, 2019 6:56:31 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I was making some test how version upgrade (to the latest version 6.10.9.0,) will affect my work with clients.
Host  Upgrade (installed as a service) - seems to work correctly if I use Remote Install procedure and MSI package that I prepared before for the new version.

But when I change the version of the Agent (exe file) I expected the Internet ID number on the client computer side will remain the same as  it was, but it changed, although I don't see any reason for this behavior.

Is  it possible somehow to  keep the Internet ID as it was before the new version of the Agent?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 14, 2019 8:51:33 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify, how did you upd ate the Agent? Did you download the vanilla Agent or build a custom Agent package using the MSI Configurator?
If you built a custom Agent, then could you please clarify what settings did you se t at Step 3 of the configuration? Please double check, that the Generate a new Internet-ID code wasn't selected.
A screenshot of the Internet-ID tab of the configurator would be helpful.

Please let us know if the problem persists.
May 14, 2019 9:37:17 am EDT

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello,

Could you please clarify, how did you upd ate the Agent? Did you download the vanilla Agent or build a custom Agent package using the  MSI Configurator ?
If you built a custom Agent, then could you please clarify what settings did you se t at  Step 3  of the configuration? Please double check, that the  Generate a new Internet-ID code  wasn't selected.
A screenshot of the  Internet-ID tab  of the configurator would be helpful.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Hello Polina,
Thank you for your reply.

I built a custom Agent package with MSI Configurator and I don't use public RU server, but the one I installed  on my network (the latest version).

So - I do this in step 3:  Agent Upgrade changes Internet ID - 14 May 2019 09:29:52

but it always generates a new Internet ID, when I first start the new version of the Agent.

Regards,
P
May 14, 2019 1:55:49 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your clarifying.

I built a custom Agent package with MSI Configurator and I don't use public RU server

Please try downloading and running a vanilla Agent - this way the settings from your custom Agent will be picked up when running a newly downloaded vanilla Agent.

If you build a custom Agent using the MSI Configurator, your custom Agent settings will overwrite all the traces of the previous Agent.

The vanilla Agent is available for download here.

Hope that helps.
May 16, 2019 2:24:08 am EDT

If you build a custom Agent using the MSI Configurator, your custom Agent settings will overwrite all the traces of the previous Agent.

Well,  this is ok,  but I don't see the real reason why should Internet ID change at every upgrade.
This causes unnecessary problems and it is no need to be so.

Thank you for your information.

Regards,
P
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 16, 2019 2:36:03 am EDT
Hello,

Well, this is ok, but I don't see the real reason why should Internet ID change at every upgrade.
This causes unnecessary problems and it is no need to be so.

From the previous comment:

Please try downloading and running a vanilla Agent - this way the settings from your custom Agent will be picked up when running a newly downloaded vanilla Agent.
Fu Eric, User (Posts: 1)
May 16, 2019 11:09:00 am EDT
Hello

Can I have the Mac version?

Thanks
Dennis
May 16, 2019 11:40:23 am EDT
Hello Dennis,

We are currently working on Viewer for Mac. Host and Agent will be made available some time later after that. For more information please, refer to this forum thread.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)