Community

Question regarding a user with the free license

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Jun 18, 2019 1:27:41 pm EDT
Ok, I have the pro version and have the host installed on a computer that typically connects to my self hosted server. I have a person that wants to connect to that one (1) computer every once in a while to get into quckbooks to run reports and to do remote printing.

1. I installed the viewer with a free license for now and I added the connection to that single computer.
2. I set the single password on the single computer to be the same as the one I use in my viewer but I cannot connect using the free license host computer even though it shows to be online.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 18, 2019 3:53:36 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what type of connection did you use, direct or Internet-ID? In case you used the Internet-ID, please clarify if you used your custom RU server or the default server?

Also, please try referring to these troubleshooting guides for the Internet-ID connection or direct connection.

Looking forward to your reply.
Jun 18, 2019 4:05:26 pm EDT
Have tried the internet ID that my custom RU server is handing out to the host computers
Jun 18, 2019 4:07:08 pm EDT
The connection in the viewer shows connected then disconnected then connected... Keeps going back and forth
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 18, 2019 4:55:53 pm EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please send us the Host logs for examination? Here is how to locate the Host logs: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/host-log/
You can send them to support@remote-utilities.com

Also, please clarify what versions of the Viewer/Host are used?

Looking forward to your reply.
Jun 18, 2019 4:58:06 pm EDT
Versions are both the latest. I will get the logs for you

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)