Community

Not reciving mail

Links used in this discussion
Roy Borglin, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 19, 2019 7:20:49 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Hi,
I have created a One-Click installation.
When I come to the setup for sending mail, I have set my credetials and test sending of mail and get ok for testing of sending mail. Then I create the installer. When I then install on a computer I never get the mail with the setup information. Please help
Roy Borglin, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 19, 2019 7:22:17 pm EDT
Support level: Starter

Roy Borglin wrote:

Hi,
I have created a One-Click installation.
When I come to the setup for sending mail, I have set my credetials and test sending of mail and get ok for testing of sending mail. Then I create the installer. When I then install on a computer I never get the mail with the setup information. Please help

Iam using the free version :-)
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 20, 2019 9:14:26 am EDT
Hello Roy,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what email provider do you use for specifying SMTP server settings?
If you use Gmail, there might be an issue with your account settings. You should enable access to your account for less secure apps. Please, refer to this help page for more information:  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en&authuser=1
Other email providers might have a similar setting that needs to be enabled.

If nothing helps I recommend that you try another SMTP provider, such as Mailjet. Please, note that Remote Utilities configurator only provides an interface to embed our SMTP server data. It doesn't control how the SMTP server works and doesn't perform the actual sending - the SMTP server does.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)