Community

Delay on UAC pop up

Links used in this discussion
Ricardo Mosquera, User (Posts: 7)
Aug 05, 2019 4:25:27 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello, First time posting here.

I am trying RemoteUtilities (ver. RUT 6.10.10.0) on a host and using Viewer (ver 6.10) on my PC. We are looking into changing out Remote tool software (Currently using DameWare) and when i remote to the same PC with both tools, and i do a command that requires elevation, the UAC windows takes about 5 to 7 sec to show on RU but it shows in less that a sec on DameWare. Is there something i am missing on the configuration? Please let me know, Thanks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 05, 2019 5:26:29 pm EDT
Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if there's a direct connection or an Internet-ID connection type is used when establishing a connection from the Viewer to the remote Host machine?

Looking forward to your reply.
Aug 05, 2019 5:43:03 pm EDT
Sorry, i am using Direct Connection.
Aug 06, 2019 11:01:39 am EDT
Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please try enabling the use legacy capture mode feature. To enable it, open the Settings for Host menu, navigate to the Other tab and tick the use legacy capture mode checkbox:
Delay on UAC pop up - 06 Aug 2019 10:59:37
Restart the Host or the Host PC.

Let me know if the issue persists.
Aug 06, 2019 11:46:33 am EDT
Hello Polina,

I did what you suggested but the issue still persists. I did notice that then UAC is on the 3rd notch (Desktop does NOT dim) the UAC pop up comes right away. But if the UAC is on the top notch (Desktop DOES dim) it takes 3-4 sec for the UAC pop up to appear.
Aug 06, 2019 4:15:21 pm EDT
Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for the information.

We will test it out and try to reproduce the issue.

I'll get back to you soon.
Aug 07, 2019 1:37:00 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

Any update on this?...

Also quick question. Is there a way to lock the host input (mouse/keyboard) without blanking the screen?? Please let me know. Thanks!!
Aug 07, 2019 3:10:58 pm EDT
Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for your patience.

Any update on this?...

Yes, we have managed to reproduce the issue. I forwarded it to our developers and asked for their input.

Is there a way to lock the host input (mouse/keyboard) without blanking the screen??

Of course. To lock the Host's input, open the Connection properties menu and navigate to the tab Additional properties. Tick the Lock host's mouse and keyboard checkbox:
Delay on UAC pop up - 07 Aug 2019 02:57:56
You can also lock the Host's input while the connection to the remote machine is active. Select Connection properties icon on the toolbar and navigate to the Advanced tab. Select the required checkbox:
Delay on UAC pop up - 07 Aug 2019 03:01:22

I'll get back to you soon with more information regarding the UAC issue.
Aug 07, 2019 4:05:43 pm EDT
Thanks for the update Polina.

Also sorry, it seems i didn't explain myself correctly. Is there a quick way to lock/unlock Host input? If i do it the way you showed, that's 3 click i need to do in the middle of a call instead of a quick button on the menu. Some times the user is not letting go of the mouse and we have to quickly just lock the input. If there is no way, could this me added as a suggestions. Thanks!!
Aug 07, 2019 4:57:54 pm EDT
Hello Ricardo,

Is there a quick way to lock/unlock Host input?

You can also invoke the Connection properties window by using hotkeys Ctrl+F12. Or you can customize the hotkey combination:
1. In Viewer window navigate to the tab Tools -> Options.
2. In the Options window switch to the Hotkeys tab.
3. Specify a custom hotkey:
Delay on UAC pop up - 07 Aug 2019 04:40:08

I also checked with our developers on the UAC issue. Unfortunately, the delay you're encountering is expected behavior, as there are some specific factors of why the delay is required. We will try to reduce the delay in our future updates, but we cannot provide you any specific ETA yet.

I am sorry if this makes the program less useful for you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)