New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Computer Locked

Links used in this discussion
Renato Rocha de Souza júnior, User (Posts: 10)
Aug 19, 2019 7:30:23 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am trying to access the computer by the internet ID and the computer goes online but blocked preventing access. Follow the problem picture.
Attached Files
Computer Locked Computer Locked
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 19, 2019 9:14:23 am EDT
Hello Renato,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try referring to this KB article before we proceed to further troubleshoot?

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Aug 19, 2019 9:20:33 am EDT
good morning, already checked these topics and still the problem persists, I'm using the RU server to redirect access. The computer is known to be online but locked preventing access.
Aug 19, 2019 4:10:04 pm EDT
Hello Renato,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please send us the log files from the Host and the Viewer? Here's how to locate the log files: Host logs and the Viewer logs.
You can send them to support@remoteutilities.com. Please do not publish the logs on the forum, they are considered personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.
Aug 20, 2019 7:03:04 am EDT
forwarded the logs by email
Aug 20, 2019 11:08:23 am EDT
Hello Renato,

Thank you. We received and examined your log files.

The log shows that there are some issues with the Host connecting to your server: there is a socket error #11004. Here's a quote on the socket error from the Microsoft:

WSANO_DATA
Valid name, no data record of requested type.
The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. The usual example for this is a host name-to-address translation attempt (using gethostbyname or WSAAsyncGetHostByName) which uses the DNS (Domain Name Server). An MX record is returned but no A record—indicating the host itself exists, but is not directly reachable.

See the full list of socket error codes.
Please, check that the DNS name of the server is resolved properly on the Host computer. Also, please try flushing the DNS cache.
In addition, please double check your network settings, e.g. set Google DNS servers instead of your ISPs in your TCP/IP properties.

Hope that helps.
Aug 20, 2019 2:11:51 pm EDT
I am using an IP Address as a server, and it is not possible to use google DNS as we use a system that redirects automatic DNS. Would you have access remotely to verify the problem better?
Aug 20, 2019 5:07:09 pm EDT
Hello Renato,

Could you please also double check that you've specified the custom server in the connection properties?
Computer Locked - 20 Aug 2019 04:44:07

Unfortunately, Basic users are not eligible for the remote session. It's stated in our Support Policy, paragraph Support levels.

Let me know if you have more questions,
Aug 21, 2019 7:13:22 am EDT
Good morning, follow the screen print.
Attached Files
Computer Locked
Aug 21, 2019 7:01:40 pm EDT
Hello Renato,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please clarify if all of your Hosts and the Viewer are located in the same network and subnet as the RU Server? I also forwarded the issue to our developers and asked for their input.

I'll get back to you soon with an answer.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)