Community

Linux (Mint) & Wine

Links used in this discussion
Zsolt Ducsai, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 16, 2015 3:39:40 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello

I run Remote Utility Viewer (Portable) with wine on Linux Mint.
First I have installed gdiplus and msxml6 (winetricks).
Then I ran the program, and it is started successfully.

But when I create a new connection to a host, it is not connect. There is no error message.
I click on the icon of the connection. First the icon will change like "connection" state, but after 2-4 seconds it goes back to normal "state".

I tried to connect this host on Windows PC, and it was successful.

On the wine console I do not see any error message.

Can anyone help me about this issue?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Zsolt
Edited:Zsolt Ducsai - Jan 16, 2015 3:40:09 am EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 25, 2015 6:00:02 pm EST
Hello Zsolt,

Sorry for the late reply. Seems like there was a glitch with the forum/notifications and your message was missed.

Are you connecting over a local network or over the Internet?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 29, 2019 1:20:53 pm EDT
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we had to delete your message, since it contained a link to third-party software and this is not allowed on our forum as well as any competitor links and product names. For more information please refer to our forum rules. Any messages that contain such information will be deleted from the forum thread.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Jeff Savage, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 29, 2019 2:05:26 pm EDT
Polina Krasnoborceva,
Thanks for letting me know. I admit, I am a bit confused. I reviewed the rules you sent me and could not find and rule disallowing links in general. The link I posted is not a competetor's website, therefore I do not believe that I broke any rules. Please help me understand this ruling by clarifying the reason for the removal of my post. Thank you very much and have a great day.

Additionally, I could not find a PM function on this site, else I would have PM'd you directly.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 29, 2019 5:52:20 pm EDT
Hello Jeff,

I understand your confusion.

Please note that, according to the forum rules, administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit, move, close or delete threads and posts that do not comply with the forum rules. In all cases, the decision of the administration is final.

However, we would be happy to provide support regarding any other Remote Utilities related questions that you might have. Here's a link to our Support Policy that might be helpful.

Hope that helps.
Oct 29, 2019 6:22:31 pm EDT
Ok but which rule did I break? Also it says I have the right to appeal. As you have yet to tell me which rule I broke, consider this my request to appeal. Please explain specifically which rule I broke or reinstate my post. Thanks for understanding.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 30, 2019 5:13:40 am EDT
Hello Jeff,

Do you mean this message:

I know this post is almost 4 years old, but it works fine on Wine. Using Debian 9. Make sure you are using the correct wine package. The one on the default apt repositories is years old. Use proper instructions from https://wiki.winehq.org/Download

If so, I apologize for deleting it. Indeed this is a benign message and was deleted by mistake.  

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Oct 30, 2019 5:15:57 am EDT
Conrad Sallian,
That's the post. Thanks for understanding. I was just trying to help users.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)