Community

Drag and drop only works one way

Links used in this discussion
mopamopa, User (Posts: 3)
Nov 27, 2019 10:28:37 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,
I am trying to drag and drop from my local computer (who runs the Viewer) to the host computer (who runs the Host) and it is not working. I can however drag and drop from the host computer that I am accessing remotely to my local computer without any issues: I simply hover to my local computer and 2-3 seconds later, I can drop it. If I do the same the other way around, I can never drop my file.
Anything I am missing?
Thank you
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 27, 2019 1:45:50 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue - Drag and drop works well both ways: from a local Viewer machine to a remote Host, and vise versa.

Could you please clarify if you use the Direct connection or the Internet-ID connection? Depending on a connection, a slight delay might be needed for the Drag and Drop to work. Please try waiting for a couple more seconds before dropping the file.

In addition, could you please verify that you have the latest version of Remote Utilities installed (the latest version as of this writing is 6.10.10.0)?  

Looking forward to your reply.
Nov 27, 2019 3:17:34 pm EST
Thank you for your answer, Polina.
I am using an Internet-ID connection, which is why I have a slight delay when I drag and drop from host to local. However, If I try to do so from local to host, despite waiting for a while, the cursor does not change and I cannot drop my file onto the host.
I confirm that both computers run the latest version of Remote Utilities.
Nov 27, 2019 4:01:19 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please record and send us a short video where the issue could be seen? You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Dec 09, 2019 1:53:01 pm EST
My apologies for the late reply Polina.
I have tried again since then and everything has been working fine perfectly so I don't know what was happening previously.
Thanks again for your help!
Dec 09, 2019 2:08:44 pm EST
Hello,

I'm glad to hear it works for you now!

Please do not hesitate to post another message if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)