Community

Blank Host screen

Links used in this discussion
Kory Forbes, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 09, 2020 1:19:21 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I'm currently connecting to host PC thru viewer, but every time I connect to the host the User of that PC tells me that their screen is going black. I've checked my settings and I do not have the box for blank the host's screen checked. This has only started happening recently.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Jan 09, 2020 4:30:01 pm EST
Hello Kory,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if the Full Control and View mode is used to establish a connection to the remote Host machine? In addition, could you please send us a screenshot of the Additional properties section from the Connection properties?
Also, please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host settings - Other and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.
Kory Forbes, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 10, 2020 1:54:02 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
The problem only happens once I try go into full control. Once I go into full control I can see the desktop screen but the user on the host PC gets a blank screen. I checked the additional properties everytime to see if blank the screen was checked but it wasn't. The image attached is how I always keep my additional properties.Blank Host screen - 10 Jan 2020 01:46:52
Jan 10, 2020 4:44:16 pm EST
Hello Kory,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also let us know if it's possible to check if the issue occurs when connecting to other remote Host machines as well?

In addition, could you please try resetting the Viewer settings/options and see if it helps to resolve the issue. In order to reset the Viewer configuration, please do the following:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\  folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your address books won't be affected by this action, but please note, that you might need to register the Viewer with your license key again.
4. Run the Viewer and see if the issue still persists.

Looking forward to your reply.
Reginald Bailly, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 11, 2020 6:04:13 pm EST
Support level: Starter
I have blank screen when I am on File Transfer mode . No files are displayed both screen are blank  

I cannot fix it  and need to upload files for clients

... updated... problem fixed with above solution thanks
Edited:Reginald Bailly - Jan 12, 2020 10:49:17 am EST
Jan 13, 2020 8:06:12 am EST
Hello Reginald,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please let us know if you have more questions. We're happy to assist.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)