New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Certain keys (Enter, CTRL, Shift etc) not working on Remote Host

Links used in this discussion
George Petrou, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 28, 2020 2:21:46 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Dear Mrs Krasnoborceva,

This issue makes our job incredibly difficult. We are a company that uses office 365 online and onedrive. Therefore we cannot disable or uninstall onedrive. Please be sure to find a solution on the issue as soon as possible and let us know.

Thank you
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 28, 2020 4:28:15 pm EST
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your messages. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issue.

Currently, the updated test version of the Viewer is in development. The issue is fixed in this version, so you should be able to use the keys. We will notify you once it's available and will provide an installation guide.

I will keep you updated.
Giuseppe Azzellino, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 03, 2020 6:07:13 am EST
Goodmorning everyone,
I have been following this post since early January but have not understood if the new version with the fixed bug is there now available for download?
Thank you for yours updates.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 03, 2020 6:57:57 am EST
Hello Giuseppe,

Later today we'll put version 6.12 beta on the site for download. This version includes the fix you are looking for.
Feb 03, 2020 11:17:39 am EST
Hello everyone,

We're glad to inform you that we have released a 6.12 beta version. In this beta version, the issue with certain keys not working is fixed. Host, Viewer and RU Server are available for the download here.
For more information on the beta please refer to our release notes.

In addition, here's a related discussion thread if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Feb 03, 2020 11:17:42 am EST
Hello everyone,

We're glad to inform you that we have released a 6.12 beta version. In this beta version, the issue with certain keys not working is fixed. Host, Viewer and RU Server are available for the download here.
For more information on the beta please refer to our release notes.

In addition, here's a related discussion thread if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
George Petrou, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 04, 2020 1:36:10 am EST
Dear Polina,

I have install and test the 6.12 beta version, it works!

Thank you
Feb 04, 2020 7:51:29 am EST
Hello George,

I'm glad to hear it works for you!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.
Alex Shaw, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 04, 2020 6:16:02 pm EST
Thank you Polina for the fix.  I downloaded the portable viewer and replaced my existing portable viewer, and it worked.  I did not update the server versions, just the viewer, and the enter and shift keys work properly.
Feb 05, 2020 8:57:16 am EST
Hello Alex,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please note that it's best to use the same versions of the Viewer and Host/Agent as the version mismatch between Viewer and Host/Agent may lead to performance issues and some features not working. Also, if you use the RU Server updating it to the most recent version is highly recommended as we have implemented a few updates to the RU Server as well.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)