Community

"Copy" viewer agent to other systems?

Links used in this discussion
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Feb 06, 2020 1:11:29 pm EST
I've got my viewer perfectly installed on my main desktop system, with its settings, (free) license key etc. Is it possible to "copy" these setting to the fresh viewer installations I made to my laptops and tablet?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 06, 2020 2:28:30 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

It is possible to copy the Viewer's settings to another computer. In order to do that, please navigate to the Viewer C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder, and locate the file config_4.xml that contains Viewer settings. Please copy the configuration file and paste it to the same folder on another computer. Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable Hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer settings.

Please note that the address book will not be copied to another machine along with the settings. In order to copy the address book please refer to this page.

Hope that helps.
Feb 06, 2020 3:29:52 pm EST
That's great, thanks!
Feb 06, 2020 3:40:29 pm EST
Hello,

Just wanted to add some useful information to my previous reply:
For the scenario you've described above, you can also use Portable Viewer - it provides the same functionality as regular Viewer but doesn't require installation. The only difference is that Portable Viewer stores all files in a single folder that you can upload a Dropbox folder, Google Drive or even USB flash drive, so you always have access to this Viewer.
For more information on Portable Viewer please refer to this Documentation page.

Hope that helps.
Feb 08, 2020 5:25:32 am EST

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Please note that the address book will not be copied to another machine along with the settings. In order to copy the address book please refer to  this page .

I see a file connections_4.xml in the same appdata directory, can't I just copy it to the other system?
Feb 08, 2020 5:54:19 am EST
I feel really stupid, I did not see the following part (bold made by me):

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:
For the scenario you've described above, you can also use  Portable Viewer  - it provides the same functionality as regular Viewer but doesn't require installation. The only difference is that Portable Viewer stores all files in a single folder that you can upload a Dropbox folder, Google Drive or even USB flash drive, so you always have access to this Viewer.

Did that, works awesome! Case closed. Thanks again!!!
Feb 10, 2020 4:42:10 pm EST
Hello,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)