Community

Black screen when logged in to host (AMD RAdeon R5

Links used in this discussion
PC PRO, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 28, 2019 7:15:26 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
When I login I get a black screen.
This is probably caused by the graphic card, I tried  [censored] , same problem.
The PC use AMD Radeon R5 M320 Graphics.
I have downloaded latest drivers, but it doesnt help at all
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r5-series/amd-radeon-r5-300-series/amd-radeon-r5-m320

Any suggestions ?
PC PRO, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 28, 2019 7:28:12 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I can see the remote screen as a thumbnail, but not when I login
Attached Files
Black screen when logged in to host (AMD RAdeon R5
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Aug 28, 2019 10:41:55 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode in the Settings for Host -> Other tab:
Black screen when logged in to host (AMD RAdeon R5 - 28 Aug 2019 10:32:47
Also, please try referring to this KB article.

In addition, could you please clarify if there's any antivirus software installed on the Host machine?

Looking forward to your reply.
Martin Eichelman, User (Posts: 14)
Aug 30, 2019 6:18:54 pm EDT
While I haven't had a chance to change my systems to legacy capture mode, I can confirm that I'm seeing the same issue though not exclusively on AMD graphics.  I believe, at least in my case, it happens when the monitor connected to the remote machine is turned off.  I don't mean the monitor has entered sleep mode.  I mean the power has been turned off to the monitor.  In this situation, I can connect but the display is black.  No interaction with the system will get it to start working.
Sep 02, 2019 9:17:30 am EDT
Hello Martin,

Thank you for the details.

We will try to reproduce this behavior. Please let us know if you have a chance to try enabling the legacy capture mode and if the issue still persists.

Looking forward to your reply.
Bill Mayer, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 09, 2020 11:53:18 pm EST
I'm having the same issue with the AMD Vega 11.  If the physical monitor attached to the computer is on RU works fine. However, if the monitor is disconnected you get a black screen and/or can't move the mouse. (You do get the opportunity to login but then the screen goes black.  I tried legacy mode and that didn't work. Is there another resolution?
Feb 10, 2020 1:25:11 pm EST
Hello Bill,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please check if there's a Monitor driver installed on the remote Host machine where the issue occurs? If installed, the driver can be seen in your Windows device list and can be identified as PnP-Monitor Lock (Standard):
Black screen when logged in to host (AMD RAdeon R5 - 10 Feb 2020 12:45:53

If the Monitor driver is already installed, please try uninstalling it or if it's not installed yet - please try installing the driver. This could be easily done in the Host settings:
1. Right-click on the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host.
2. Navigate to the Driver tab.
3. Try installing/uninstalling the Monitor driver depending on its current state by clicking the respective Install or Uninstall buttons.

In addition, please double-check if the graphics card driver on the remote Host machine is updated to the most recent version.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)