New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

My PC get hacked

Links used in this discussion
Gheorghe Radu, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 11, 2020 11:07:44 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello

Someone hacked my PC using your tool and stole very important data from me.

I can provide more info from the log file.

Thank you!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 11, 2020 12:54:11 pm EST
Hello Gheorghe,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to hear that your computer has been hacked. Remote Utilities is legitimate software for remote access and remote support. Any illegitimate/malicious use of the software (including its modification, reverse engineering, "cracking" etc.) is prohibited by our EULA. Besides, in many countries such use of computer technology is a criminal offense punishable by law.

That said, if you believe that someone got unauthorized access to your computer you should contact your nearest police department and let them know about the case. We can provide server logs (information that contains the originating IP address which is stored on our servers) only by a direct request from the police. Here is an excerpt from our privacy policy:

Government and law enforcement agencies

We may also share information to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce this Privacy Policy and our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; (iv) respond to your requests; or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.

Let me know if you have any questions.
gheradu, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 11, 2020 1:23:47 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I understand the situation and of course, I will check with authorities to reach you, just until then I want to provide to you all the info I have about the situation for you can make your own investigation if you want.

Thank you!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 11, 2020 3:16:57 pm EST
Thank you very much! We will take a note. Only please do not send us anything yet. Any logs etc. can be considered private information and we do not want to violate our own privacy policy.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)