Community

Remote Utilities - Host keeps installing

Links used in this discussion
Naveen Nair, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 12, 2020 12:02:50 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I've never used your tool before but recently it got installed on my computer, I've uninstalled it multiple times, deleted the registry and yet it keeps installing. The program isn't logged either and I can't seem to access its settings. I have checked my PC for adware, malware, etc couldn't find any. It seems to be installing on its own.
Please do provide solutions.
Thanks,
Naveen
Attached Files
Remote Utilities - Host keeps installing
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 12, 2020 6:58:25 am EST
Hello Naveen ,

Thank you for your message.

Our program cannot install on its own. If it is installed on your system then someone or something installs it. I recommend that you run through the complete uninstall procedure to get rid of the Host on your computer.

Hope that helps.
Feb 12, 2020 7:11:07 am EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hello Naveen ,

Thank you for your message.

Our program cannot install on its own. If it is installed on your system then someone or something installs it. I recommend that you run through the  complete uninstall procedure  to get rid of the Host on your computer.

Hope that helps.

I agree, but each time I uninstall it with following the procedure suggested on your website. I've managed to access the logs, someone changed them to a hidden file.
It keeps trying to send a notification mail to ultramine@protonmail.com. Not sure who that is or why they are trying to access.
Is it possible to install this program without user confirmation and any notification? I'm unable to access it's settings too.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 12, 2020 7:17:27 am EST
Hello Naveen,

If the Host is being installed over and over again on your system this can only mean that there is some other agent (possibly malware) that runs this installation.

Unfortunately, we are not an antivirus software company and we cannot consult on removing viruses or malware from your computer. I recommend that you run full diagnosis of your computer using one of the top antivirus software programs (ESET, Kaspersky AV, Norton,  Malwarebytes etc.).
Feb 12, 2020 8:25:15 am EST
Indeed. Thank you for your help!
A last few questions, is it possible for someone to install it without notifications and prevent me from accessing the settings?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 12, 2020 3:14:47 pm EST
Hello Naveen,

Thank you for your question.

It is possible to hide the Host menu in the system tray (i.e. do not display the Host menu when right-clicking the Host icon in the system tray), by selecting the Hide tray icon menu checkbox in Settings for Host -> Interface tab. However, please note that this does not prevent you from opening the Host's settings or from being able to stop the Host from the Windows start menu or search (just start typing Settings for Hhost in the windows search bar). We do not go against Windows security architecture by preventing full admins from doing whatever they want on the machine.

Silent installation is also possible by using the custom Host installation file built via the MSI Configurator (the One-click package option) or via using the /silentuninstall command line parameter (for more information please see this page). However, please note that full silent installation is only available for PRO and SITE license types, otherwise, there will be the First connection warning window shown (if the Internet-ID is generated upon the installation).

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)