Community

Not prompted for NT Authorization credentials from Host

Links used in this discussion
Jenni Armstrong, User (Posts: 14)
Mar 18, 2020 7:30:39 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
can confirm this happens on all versions of windows 10 home, not on professional
Mar 18, 2020 7:30:41 pm EDT
can confirm this happens on all versions of windows 10 home, not on professional
Nemesis Invidia, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 19, 2020 9:14:18 am EDT
Viewer is Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.720
Host is Windows Server 2019 Standard 1809 Build 17763.1098

Same problem using beta 12 on viewer and host.

"single password" mode works fine.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 19, 2020 9:53:18 am EDT
Hello Jenni and Nemesis,

Thank you for the provided details.

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the issue yet. However, I will be forwarding the issue to our development department and asking for their input on this.

I'll get back to you soon with their reply. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mar 19, 2020 5:11:26 pm EDT
Hello Jenni and Nemesis,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our developers on the issue. Could you please export the following registry key from the Windows Registry Editor on the Host machine and send it to us for further examination?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\Host\Parameters

Here's how you can export the registry key:
1. Type regedit in the Windows Run dialog (it's invoked by Win+R key combination or you can use Windows Search), and open Windows Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\Host\Parameters.
3. Right-click on the key and select Export.
4. Save the .reg file and then send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 19, 2020 5:18:52 pm EDT
i will try, but these are users remoting in, i've only helped them via slack, and i don't have access to those workstations. So far about 1/2 of our staff has had this happen. I tried on hosts running both 6.10.9 and 6.10.10, but the result was the same, even after upgrading the older host.
Mar 19, 2020 5:22:23 pm EDT
Also, 1 that was passing bad (blank?) credentials was win10pro
Mar 20, 2020 10:51:40 am EDT
Hello Jenni,

Thank you for the details.

Of course, we understand the situation. However, please note, that unfortunately, there's not much we can do without users' provided date to diagnose such issues, as they manifest themselves in certain circumstances only and sometimes it's hard to reproduce them. Sorry for the inconvenience.
We have tried reproducing the issue on Windows 10 Pro, but we could not reproduce it regardless of the Remote Utilities version used.

However, we have received the requested registry key from another user and we will forward it to our developers for further examination. I will keep this thread updated regarding the issue or let you know in case there are any other additional data that might be needed.

I'll get back to you when there is an update from our development department.
Mar 20, 2020 2:25:07 pm EDT
I'm not finding a Usoris folder in HKLM/software on any client machines. And this isn't related to the host at ALL.

The host works fine from my computers, but not from others. This is a CLIENT problem. The CLIENT is passing bad credentials to the host.
Mar 20, 2020 6:33:33 pm EDT
Hello Jenni,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also let us know if you use the RU Server by any chance (perhaps as one of the authorization methods or for the address book sync) and log in to this RU Server fr om the Viewers wh ere the issue occurs?

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)