New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

SMTP TLS version

Links used in this discussion
Gábor Nyeste, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 20, 2020 5:40:57 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I am trying to configure Remote Utilities - Host (Agent v 6.10.10.0) with Viewer (same vrsion number) on a Windows 10 1909 OS. When I test the SMTP connection I get an erroe message shown in the picture. SMTP TLS version - 20 Mar 2020 05:36:38Other applications (such as Outlook of Thunderbird) do connect to my SMTP server with the same settings without a problem. Without encryption the Agent connects to the mail server perfectly. I contacted my web hosting provider with the issue and they told me the software probably uses an older TLS version protocol. I found info on TLS version used by the Viewer and Host when they connect to each other, but I did not find anything on SMTP. Hence I am here trying to find out what version of TLS is used when the Host connects to a mail server. I would appriciate any help.

Regards,

Nyesu
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 23, 2020 5:02:59 pm EDT
Hi Gábor,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, this is a known issue. We will update the protocol version for this feature to TLS 1.2 in the upcoming version 6.12 Beta 2.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 07, 2020 9:10:48 am EDT
Hello Gábor,

This is to inform you that we have released the 6.12 Beta 2 version with an implemented fix for this issue. Version 6.12 Beta 2 of Remote Utilities is available for the download on this page.

When updating Remote Utilities, please make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent to avoid the version mismatch that might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)