Community

frozen

Links used in this discussion
Alan Stopek, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 11, 2020 5:43:25 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
How do I unlock screen and input. The icon doesn't react because the input is locked. I have 10.10.0 on both computers.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 13, 2020 11:55:18 am EDT
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on the issue, namely, on what step the remote screen and input are locked? Does the issue occur at disconnect or when you just connect to the remote Host machine? It would be helpful if you could also provide us some screenshots.

In addition, please make sure that you have the Lock input and screen feature disabled on the Toolbar in the Full Control and View window:
frozen - 13 Apr 2020 11:50:05

Looking forward to your reply.
Alan Stopek, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 14, 2020 2:27:24 pm EDT
Thanks for responding.

The lock/input did not respond.

It happened as soon as I was on the remote screen.

I finally got in my car yesterday, drove 35 miles to my office, where the host computer is, saw that the computer itself froze, shut it off, booted up again and got in from my iphone.

As of now it is up. Using it may be moot for the time being since we are having a storm with high winds and our lights are flickering.

Separate problem- while I was in the office I tried to set up a backup computer, running Windows 10 professional as a host. I changed that computer's settings so that it would allow incoming and also to not go to sleep.
It worked while I was in the office but by the time I got home it appeared as offline/unknown.

Any quick solutions other than going back to the office, which is not an option at this time.

I do like the product.

Regards,
Apr 14, 2020 3:41:23 pm EDT
Hello Alan,

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue!

As for the second laptop - could you please double check if the remote Host is visible as online if you add it as a connection to some other Viewer in another network (for example, you can use Portable Viewer in a mobile network)?
If the Host's status is offline in another network as well - then, unfortunately, this might mean there are connectivity issues on the remote Host machine, rather than on the Viewer's side.

In addition, here's a quick troubleshooting guide that might be helpful.

Hope that helps.
Alan Stopek, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 14, 2020 5:48:33 pm EDT
It is a desktop and I used the IP instead of an internet ID. That shouldn't matter. Tried accessing using an iphone with a wi-fi network. Didn't work. I suspect that there is a problem at the host side that requires changing a setting. Thanks for the help though.
Apr 15, 2020 10:52:51 am EDT
Hello Alan,

Thank you for the clarification.

I apologize for the misunderstanding - I assumed the Internet-ID connection is used as the connection status is displayed as UNKNOWN for Direct connections and as OFFLINE for Internet-ID connections.

In this case, this troubleshooting guide might be helpful. However, please note that, unfortunately, in order to resolve the issue, you need to have access to the remote Host machine.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)