New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote Utilities has been installed. This software can be used........

Links used in this discussion
Dawn Castillo, User (Posts: 1)
May 03, 2020 7:44:33 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
After installing RU on a host computer the message "Remote Utilities has been installed. This software can be used to remotely access your computer." pops up, however only part of it is visible. My understanding is that there is usually an "Ok (button) Tell me more...(button)". However, as you can see from the attached screenshot, these options are not visible, thus there is no way to close the window.

After reading through some of the other threads, I understand that this message only appears if "Generate ID" option was selected during MSI Configuration. If this option is not selected, then the message is not supposed to be shown. I did indeed initially install it that way, but after the issue occurred I uninstalled it and then tried to re-install with the installer file from the RU website. However, the issue is still present. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Attached Files
Remote Utilities has been installed. This software can be used........
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 04, 2020 3:12:26 am EDT
Hello Dawn,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, that message only appears if some conditions are satisfied (described here).

As for the display problems I think that this might have something to do with non-standard scaling settings for that desktop. Also , could you try to bring the taskbar back to a "one-line" display and see if the warning message shows ok?

I did indeed initially install it that way, but after the issue occurred I uninstalled it and then tried to re-install with the installer file from the RU website. However, the issue is still present.

To reset this message you should clean up the Host settings from the registry. They are located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)