New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Remote Utilities 6.12 Beta

Links used in this discussion
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
May 25, 2020 4:28:03 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Hi Polina.

Did you get my second email with log files for W7 beta viewer trying to log in to XP beta host?

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please also clarify what authentication methods are enabled for the remote Hosts that you're not able to connect to?

All the hosts have single password authentication Enabled, and all other methods Disabled.

To summarise.  I have one W7 with beta viewerr and 6.10.10.0 host istalled, a different W7 with beta host and 6.10.10.0 viewer installed, one XP with both beta viewer and beta host installed.  One other XP and W7 here and serveral W7 elsewhere have 6.10.10.0 viewer and host installed.

The XP with beta viewer cannot log onto any of the other machines (Access Denied), whichever OS and host version they have.

None of the other machines, whichever OS and viewer version they have, can log onto the XP with beta host (Access Denied).

Both XP and W7 machines with 6.10.10.0 viewer can log onto the W7 with beta host.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 25, 2020 5:56:05 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for the summary.

Did you get my second email with log files for W7 beta viewer trying to log in to XP beta host?

Yes, we received your email, thank you.

I have forwarded all the log files you've provided along with the issue description to our development department and asked for their input on this. I'll get back to you soon with their reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
May 26, 2020 11:54:15 am EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your patience.

I have checked with our developers on the issue. Perhaps, it might be occurring if the OpenSSL library is blocked somehow. Could you please provide us a screenshot of the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Viewer\? You can send it to support@remoteutilies.com.

In addition, please check if the issue occurs as well when using the 6.12 Beta 2 version of the Portable Viewer. Namely, please see if there's any unusual behavior of antivirus software if there's any installed. Version 6.12 Beta 2 of the Portable Viewer is available for the download on this page.

Looking forward to your reply.
May 26, 2020 3:30:14 pm EDT
Hi Polina

I have checked with our developers on the issue. Perhaps, it might be occurring if the OpenSSL library is blocked somehow. Could you please provide us a screenshot of the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Viewer\? You can send it to support@remoteutilies.com.

I need to work out how to regain remote access to the problem machine in order to do that easily.  Perhaps turn off the host and use version Agent 6.10.10.0?  I'll see what I can manage.

In addition, please check if the issue occurs as well when using the 6.12 Beta 2 version of the Portable Viewer. Namely, please see if there's any unusual behavior of antivirus software if there's any installed.

I put versions 6.10.10.0 and 6.12.2.0 beta 2 Portable Viewer onto USB drive, each in its own folder.  I had some problems running them at first, involving display language and expired trial period, but that's not the issue here.  I also had to shut down the installed viewer before running them, or I just got the installed one!

When run on my main XP machine (the one that has Viewer and Host version 6.10.10.0 installed) the 6,10 portable viewer was able to log onto and control a sample W7 machine..  The beta portable viewer had the Access Denied behaviour.  This happened even with Avast anti-virus temporarily disabled.

Moving the drive to a W7 machine, both versions of the portable viewer were able to log on to and control the sample machine.

This problem with the beta viewer seems to me to be specific to Windows XP.

On comparing the two portable versions , I see that the beta has libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the assets folder, which are not present in the 6.10 version.  Are these related to the use of OpenSSL?
May 26, 2020 5:23:52 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

I need to work out how to regain remote access to the problem machine in order to do that easily. Perhaps turn off the host and use version Agent 6.10.10.0? I'll see what I can manage.

Thank you, we have received your email with the requested screenshots.

This problem with the beta viewer seems to me to be specific to Windows XP.

Noted, thank you for the confirmation. I'll forward this information along with the screenshots to our development department so they can look further into this.

Are these related to the use of OpenSSL?

Perhaps it is, thank you for bringing that to our attention. I'll check on this with our developers as well.

I'll get back to you with an update on the issue soon.
May 28, 2020 12:24:25 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your patience.

We have managed to reproduce the issue on both Viewer and Host when used on WindowsXP OS. We will implement a fix for this in the next beta version update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Are these related to the use of OpenSSL?

I checked on this with our developers as well - this is not related to the OpenSSL libraries as it's rather related to the Configurator Tool.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
May 28, 2020 2:50:20 pm EDT
Hello Polina.

We have managed to reproduce the issue on both Viewer and Host when used on WindowsXP OS. We will implement a fix for this in the next beta version update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Splendid news!

I don't normally have any reason to use the Agent, but I have just checked; the beta Agent also has the issue on Windows XP.

I am eagerly looking forward to the next beta release.

With best wshes

Peter.
May 28, 2020 4:48:27 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you, we will be implementing the fix for the Agent as well. We will also notify our users here on the forum about the new beta release.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Sep 22, 2020 3:15:08 am EDT
Is there any ETA for a release of RU 6.12 and its respective relay?

Using a large number of systems here, so I feel reluctant to switch to a beta version, even if it improves performance....
Sep 22, 2020 9:16:23 am EDT
Hello cosmos,

Thank you for your message.

Hopefully, we will be able to release the next update by the end of this year.
Please note that despite its name the 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) version is still a fully functional release as it only contains bug fixes and improvements for the previous Remote Utilities versions.

However, we understand your concern in such a situation and we always suggest that our users try updating only one Host and Viewer first or try using Portable Viewer and Agent of the latest version instead.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)