Community

Display falling asleep

Links used in this discussion
Peter Hucker, User (Posts: 23)
Sep 11, 2020 5:58:47 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
This happens on more than one machine.  If I'm not interacting with it, the image on the display end doesn't refresh after about 10 minutes.  I've checked on the host end, and the display is not set to go to sleep for an hour.  And it's set to never sleep the computer.  I switched on "autoping" on remote utilities thinking that would help, but it doesn't.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 14, 2020 5:09:41 pm EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean the Connection Previews that are displayed in the address book? If this is the case, then please try setting up the thumbnail update frequency in the Viewer Options -> View tab.
In addition, please consider using the Advanced Hint Window feature that allows you to see a larger preview of the remote screen and pin it to any part of your desktop.

Hope that helps.
Peter Hucker, User (Posts: 23)
Sep 14, 2020 5:37:36 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean the Connection Previews that are displayed in the address book? If this is the case, then please try setting up the thumbnail update frequency in the  Viewer Options -> View tab .
In addition, please consider using the  Advanced Hint Window  feature that allows you to see a larger preview of the remote screen and pin it to any part of your desktop.

Hope that helps.

No, I'm referring to a "full control" connection.  It's fine when I'm interacting with it, but if I leave it waiting for something to happen, the display stops updating after about 10 minutes, until I move the mouse over the window, or sometimes I actually have to click something.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 15, 2020 10:34:42 am EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue - the remote screen keeps updating even after more than 10 minutes. Could you please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature and see if this helps to resolve the issue? In order to enable the feature, please right-click on the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host..., then navigate to the Other tab and enable the Use legacy capture mode checkbox. In addition please make sure to restart Host after enabling the feature in order for the changes to be applied.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)