Community

RU Relay: where is the login user name logged?

cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Sep 23, 2020 5:59:32 am EDT
We have a site license and have configured a large number of endpoints. On the RU Relay we have configured user accounts and have setup the relay to only allow authenticated users (signed in fr om the viewer application). For GDPR compliance in case of security breach we have to be able associate connections with the user name.

I've checked the log directories of the relay (stats and connections) but I could not locate wh ere the username is stored. Can you please advise?

In case this information is not logged, is there any chance to include this functionality in the relay before the next version release? GDPR compliance has a quite high priority in our deployment, for obvious legislation reasons.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Sep 23, 2020 9:20:55 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the username is not currently stored in the connection log entries. However, we already have the feature to display and store the username of the remote user and the hostname of the computer of the remote user in the connection logs in our roadmap and we will try our best to implement it as soon as possible. I'll additionally check with our developers if there's any specific ETA on when this feature can be expected.

I'll get back to you with their reply soon.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Sep 24, 2020 5:14:21 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I checked on this feature with our developers - it will be implemented in our next update which we hope to release by the end of the year.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Sep 25, 2020 12:34:02 am EDT
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)