Community

Dual monitor problems on host

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 12, 2020 8:38:52 am EDT
Hello Aaron,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message on our Community Forum if you have other questions.
Márcio André, User (Posts: 8)
Oct 16, 2020 6:52:35 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello again. I don't know how I posted earlier in this thread without registering, but I did. I haven't created an account here, altough you can find my replies here... Strange.

Anyway, I updated both client and the host. Issues continue here. Sometimes the "Monitor" button doesn't work, doesn't select anything, I need to close and open the connection again.
Oct 19, 2020 11:54:11 am EDT
Hello Márcio,

Thank you for the upd ate.

Perhaps, your other account was se t up with another email address or, if you used the same address, there might have been a typo, so it was possible to create a new account for the correct email address.
Could you please confirm if you have updated both Viewer and Host to the latest version 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2)? Have you had a chance to restart the remote Host machine?

If the above applies, could you please send us a video of the issue reproduced when using the latest 6.12.2.0 version once again? You can send the video to support@remoteutilities.com. In addition, please provide your local and remote machines specifications, such as OS running on the machines, graphics cards and monitor resolutions of both local and remote sides.

Looking forward to your reply.
Oct 19, 2020 2:51:38 pm EDT

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello Márcio,

Thank you for the upd ate.

Perhaps, your other account was se t up with another email address or, if you used the same address, there might have been a typo, so it was possible to create a new account for the correct email address.
Could you please confirm if you have updated  both Viewer and Host  to the latest version  6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) ? Have you had a chance to restart the remote Host machine?

If the above applies, could you please send us a video of the issue reproduced when using the latest 6.12.2.0 version once again? You can send the video to  support@remoteutilities.com . In addition, please provide your local and remote machines specifications, such as OS running on the machines, graphics cards and monitor resolutions of both local and remote sides.

Hello Polina

The first time I posted a reply here I had to make an account and there is no other email I could have used here. If it was, I could have recovered the password and kept that account, but my only email was not assigned even... Perhaps you could check the email associated with that account that posted those 2 comments before? Just out of curiosity, since I don't have any other adress to use.

About the issue at hand, I tried with the last stable version and it didn't solved the problem.
Then I tried with the 6.12 beta 2 version and it seems to work ok now. Each display is correctly assigned and change as I click them.

Cheers!

Note: oh just a detail.... For each reply posted here, I get TWO email notifications. Before my current account, I used to get only 1 email per reply. I think my "old" account has the same email assigned, how is that even possible? Maybe a bug?
Edited:Márcio André - Oct 19, 2020 2:54:28 pm EDT
Oct 19, 2020 4:42:42 pm EDT
Hello Márcio,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

oh just a detail.... For each reply posted here, I get TWO email notifications. Before my current account, I used to get only 1 email per reply. I think my "old" account has the same email assigned, how is that even possible? Maybe a bug?

Of course, I'll forward this to our designated department and ask them to check if there might be any issues with your account or email address.

I'll get back to you with their reply soon.
Oct 20, 2020 12:36:47 pm EDT
Hello Márcio,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with my coworkers on the issue - you do have two accounts registered with the same email address - one of them was automatically created when you signed in using your Google account and the second one was created by you as a regular account. Please let us know which account you prefer to use and we will remove the other one.

Oct 20, 2020 5:14:00 pm EDT

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Hello Márcio,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with my coworkers on the issue - you do have two accounts registered with the same email address - one of them was automatically created when you signed in using your Google account and the second one was created by you as a regular account. Please let us know which account you prefer to use and we will remove the other one.

Oh.. Why didn't the system recognized my email then? Perhaps it should.
I will keep this second account bound directly to my email, please.

Thank you
Oct 21, 2020 10:22:29 am EDT
Hello Márcio,

Thank you for your clarification.

We've removed the account that was created automatically when signing in via Google. You should receive only one notification email from now on.

Hope that helps.
Oct 21, 2020 10:32:42 am EDT
Hello Polina. I can confirm that, since I only got 1 email now after your reply.

But about the issue again, I used the remote assistance from my laptop to my desktop, and today it didn't behave as expected.

I logged on my computer, and while it shows me both desktops, it has Desktop #1 selected. And previously, the Desktop Display button didn't even worked. And I updated both the client and host on both computers.
Oct 21, 2020 1:23:42 pm EDT
Hello Márcio,

Thank you for the update.

Do you mean that the both remote monitors were displayed at the same time (as if the "Entire desktop" option was selected) when the Remote Monitor switch button showed the Monitor #1 option as selected or do you mean that it was the only monitor available in the list?

Could you please send us a screenshot of the issue along with with the following specifications of your local and remote machines: OS running on the machines, installed graphics cards and all of the monitor resolutions of both local and remote monitors. I will forward this issue to our development department for further examination.
You can send the screenshot and the rest of the requested details to support@remoteutilities.com, you can also blur/hide any sensitive information if such is present on the screenshot.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)