New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

All connections gone offline

Links used in this discussion
Albert, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 07, 2019 8:42:33 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello. Today attempting to access a host after few unsuccessful attempts of connection access all connections gone offline. I tried to restart computer, to reinstall viewer but not helped. But when i change ip address i'm able to login again. So i don't have any ideea why this happened and how to solve it.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 07, 2019 12:13:43 pm EDT
Hello Albert,

Thank you for your message.

But when i change ip address i'm able to login again

Could you please clarify if you mean the IP address on the Viewer machine? Or do you mean the IP address on the Host PC?
Therefore, am I right in assuming that you're trying to establish the connection using the direct connection method?

As for the issue - perhaps, it was caused by the Viewer configuration file which was somehow corrupted by some antivirus/firewall software.

Please, try the following:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.

This will reset the Viewer settings and might fix the issue. Your address books won't be affected by this action, however, you will need to register the Viewer with your license key.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Albert, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 07, 2019 3:30:06 pm EDT
Deleting  config_4.xml not help.

(When i change the address on the viewer computer connections come back online.)

I made some tests and found thati'm able to connect if i delete al RU folder from Roaming BUT, only if i add manualy id's. If i try to import my connection via Import option of viewer i'm able to see online hosts (if i'm chnaging again ip)but when i try to connect all connections go offline for current ip. (i change ip and again i see online connections and if i try to connect again from this ip even clean install won't work) So if i add ID manually to a clean install and clean ip i'm able to connect, but for this i need to use vpn but vpn is too slow, i want to use my static ip. And also i wan to use my bacup of connections to add them manually will be too hard.
Oct 07, 2019 5:23:15 pm EDT
Hello Albert,

Thank you for the provided details.

Could you please send us the Host and the Viewer log files for examination?
Here is how to locate the Host logs: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/host-log/
and the Viewer logs: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/connection-log/

You can send the log files to support@remote-utilities.com. Please, do not publish the logs on the forum, they are considered personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.
Kevin Hunt, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 11, 2020 11:05:47 am EST
Hello, we are using a trial version of remote utilities viewer from the past 4 months on Virtual Machine. But from the past few days i'm not able to see the host connections online on the current internet connection. But if i change my internet, only then i'm able to see the host connections online. And that too, the host connections again goes offline after 2 or 3 days. I'm not getting, that how my host connections go online after changing my internet and then again goes offline again when the host computers are still on.
Nov 11, 2020 4:24:36 pm EST
Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your message.

This might mean that there are connectivity issues on the Viewer's side, I.e. perhaps your Viewer machine cannot connect to our Internet-ID servers, since you've mentioned that when Viewer machine is switched to another network Hosts are online. This might be caused by various factors - for example, please make sure that the DNS name id.remoteutilities.com resolves to an IP address properly on the Viewer's side and it's not blocked by your ISP (it might have been blacklisted by mistake).

In addition, please try setting your DNS servers to Google Public DNS servers instead of your ISPs in your TCP/IP properties and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Finally, please try referring to this Internet-ID connection troubleshooting guide that provides solutions for the most common factor that might cause connectivity issues.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)