New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 25, 2020 3:52:03 pm EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if you have the logon credentials for your remote machine saved on the RDP tab in the Connection Properties window? If this is the case, then please try removing the saved credentials from there and see if it's possible to connect this way.
In addition, please clarify if you use RDP or RDP-over-ID connection mode?

Looking forward to your reply.
Will Jim, User (Posts: 10)
Nov 29, 2020 7:44:19 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Polina,

RDP-over-ID is what I'm using. The interesting thing is that I can access other machines, except this particular one. I do no t have credentials stored in neither the RDP tab or the RDP connection settings. See attached images.
Attached Files
Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen
Nov 30, 2020 2:35:35 pm EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also clarify if it's possible to connect to this remote Host machine when using Full Control and View connection mode via Internet-ID connection?
Also, could you please double-check if the RDP connection mode allowed in the Host Settings -> Modes tab and also if you have the Do not capture RDP sessions checkbox enabled on the Other tab?

In case if you're experiencing such connectivity issues using both RDP-over-ID and Internet-ID connection as well, please feel free to send us the Host log files for examination to see if it's possible to identify what might be causing the problem. You can send the logs to support@remoteutilities.com.

However, please note that the RDP mode in Remote Utilities just launches the native Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection client from within Remote Utilities and connects to a remote computer using the standard RDP protocol.

Looking forward to your reply.
Will Jim, User (Posts: 10)
Dec 01, 2020 3:49:09 am EST
Polina,

I am able to connect via Full Control and View Modes without issue. Attached are the images of the Modes and Other Tabs. I tried logging in with another Admin account on the Domain and got a new error about a relationship. Additionally, I removed and added back the authorization account and got nowhere. When I tried to review the accounts, they had been scrambled. Could this issue be related to the Beta version I am running on the viewer and the host? I don't see this issue on another PC I connect to via RDP, that PC is running the latest stable release instead. I've emailed the logfiles to the email above.
Attached Files
Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen Multi Monitor on remote and problems with Blank Screen
Edited:Will Jim - Dec 01, 2020 4:06:45 am EST
Dec 01, 2020 9:38:02 am EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for the provided log files and additional information.

Could this issue be related to the Beta version I am running on the viewer and the host?

This is very unlikely - we couldn't reproduce the issue using the latest Beta version via RDP-over-ID connection mode and if that would be the case, our forum would be flooded with bug reports regarding the issue.

I've examined your logs and did not find anything that might be pointing to the issue's cause. I will additionally forward the log files along with the issue description and the screenshots to our developers and ask for their input on this to see if there's anything that can be done to fix the issue.

I'll get back to you soon with their reply.
Dec 02, 2020 11:21:32 am EST
Hello Will,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the issue with our developers - unfortunately, it seems that the issue is caused by some system administration issues. Remote Utilities launches and utilizes the standard RDP protocol and only provides a transport tunnel for the connection, therefore, all of the access and permissions issues within the RDP connections should be resolved by your system administrator as it's, unfortunately, beyond our scope of technical support.
As for the access permissions when using RDP-over-ID, each user on each remote machine has a different SID, even for users with the same usernames. Unfortunately, most of the time a user's permissions cannot be configured out of the domain and then transferred to another machine. It's only possible for standard groups and for domain users (not for local ones), located within the domain.

Unfortunately, according to our Support Policy, we cannot assist you in resolving system/network administration issues. In order to resolve such issues, please refer to your system administrator and request them to further investigate the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope that helps.
James Manios, User (Posts: 8)
Feb 10, 2021 10:06:46 am EST
Hello Polina,

Has there been any update on the mouse when using the dark overlay?  I was thinking what if the "remote utilities server" replaced the cursors to dark/black (or single pixels) and then issued a SystemParametersInfo (using SPI_SetCursors) call to force windows to reload the cursor icons.  (I guess save the current  HKEY\CurrentUser\Control Panel\Cursors before hand to put them back when remote utilities had closed the connection?)
Feb 10, 2021 1:36:33 pm EST
Hello James,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, a fix for the cursor issue when blanking the remote screen is yet to be implemented. But thank you for your suggestion, I'll forward it to our developers for a review to see if we can fix the issue in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)