New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Run command in terminal as User

Links used in this discussion
Hans Peter, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 26, 2020 12:53:34 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello. When I try to install or execute a standard software on the remote computer via "Terminal" the software starts under the NT-AUTHORITY account and not the user account. I did the "change User" in terminal but it's still SYSTEM account that executes the commands. I also can't edit registry items via the Terminal. I tried anything by query the command from user account to RunAs or ShellRunas. Nothing works.

When I execute software without ticking the "Use System Account" box the software doesn't execute.

Is there a way to make the Terminal execute a command under the current user account which has Admin privileges but NOT as SYSTEM account?

Thanks for any help!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 28, 2020 9:12:09 am EST
Hello Hans,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what version of Remote Utilities do you use on both sides of the connection? In case if you use version 6.10.10.0 or even an older version of Remote Utilities, please try updating your installation to the latest 6.12.4.0 Beta 4 version, as the issue might have already been fixed in the latest releases.
The latest 6.12.4.0 Beta 4 version is available for download on this page.
When updating Remote Utilities, please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version in order to avoid the version mismatch that can cause performance issues or some features not working.

In case if the issue persists even when using the latest 6.12.4.0 Beta 4 version, please let us know what OS is used on both Viewer and remote Host machines.

Hope that helps.
Hans Peter, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 30, 2020 9:16:25 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I've used the latest non-beta version on windows on both sides. The problem remains since months.

Is there a way to use the Beta 4 version with an active license? The last time I downloaded the Beta 4 version it didn't allow me to activate my version with my key.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 30, 2020 10:10:27 am EST
Hello Hans,

Thank you for the clarification.

Is there a way to use the Beta 4 version with an active license? The last time I downloaded the Beta 4 version it didn't allow me to activate my version with my key.

Yes, the Beta 4 version is available with its own license (since it's a Beta version), which expires on March 1, 2021, i.e. currently you don't need to register it with your license key.

In case if you don't want to update your current installation with the latest stable version, you can use Portable Viewer and Agent instead, just to see if using the latest 6.12.4.0 Beta 4 version helps to resolve the issue. Both Agent and Portable Viewer are available for download on this page as well.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)