New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Change of email address

Links used in this discussion
Brant, User (Posts: 7)
Jan 19, 2021 3:34:49 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I have changed the email address in my account to reflect my new email address (a change of domain name), and all seems well in that regard.  However, when I try to use the Recover Lost Key feature, it does not recognize the new address as being valid.  It tells me I must use the same email address as when I purchased the license.  (This is a free license, to "purchase" is not really applicable - but I got the idea [smile].)

Indeed, when I supplied my old email address to the Recover Lost Key function, it dutifully sent me my license.  That is okay for now, as I still have access to my old address by way of email forwarding.  But that is a limited time arrangement - after which I will not have access to the old address.

Is there a way to adjust the email address associated with a license? I don't really think it would be proper to simply generate a new license, as I am still the same individual I always was, and doing so would violate the agreement.

I look forward to any insight you can provide.

Regards,
Brant

PS - Keep up the great work on RU!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 19, 2021 4:29:44 pm EST
Hello Brant,

Thank you for your message.

This occurs since the license key is associated with the email address it was generated for, rather than the email address in the account on our website. In case if you will not have access to your old email address anymore, you can simply generate a new license key that will be associated with your new email address using the Free License Key generator. As for your old license key - we will block the old key on our side, so it won't be active anymore.
This way, you will have only one license key associated with your active email and this will not violate our EULA.

Hope that helps.
Brant, User (Posts: 7)
Jan 19, 2021 10:12:59 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Polina,

That's great - thanks for the insight.

I have generated a new key, removed the old key from the viewer's storage, and added the new one.

Now ... how will you know know which key to block?  I would rather not disclose all of my details in an open forum.  Is there a support email address I should use, to tell you which email address is the old one?

Cheers,
Brant
Edited:Brant - Jan 19, 2021 10:13:41 pm EST
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 20, 2021 8:07:57 am EST
Hello Brant,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Of course, you can send us your old email address to support@remoteutilities.com.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)