New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Problems with Viewer 7.0.0.1

Links used in this discussion
ipanic, User (Posts: 6)
Mar 09, 2021 6:34:00 am EST
Hi there,

since update to 7.0.0.1 Drag&Drop, Edit and Execute files from File transfer window dont work anymore.

Also if you install the Viewer on a new maschine and connect to a Custom Server, you are being asked if you like to download the Adressbooks thats stored on the Server AND also to download the new license dialog. But if you confirm that dialogs not quick enough, then you can't click anything anymore, only kill the Task for a new try.

And if you wakeup a suspended/sleep mode pc with a open/running Viewer (e.g. systemtray) you cant open a connection (e.g. full control) to any host, and you cant close the viewer (exit app), only Taskmanager and a app restart helps.

Host, server and viewer are on the newest version.

This is our first major update, we have ~370 hosts connectet to our Server and we need a full working remote access solution for our customers. All previous updates was fine, so we hope this bugy release was a one-time thing.

Thank you!
Attached Files
Problems with Viewer 7.0.0.1 Problems with Viewer 7.0.0.1
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 09, 2021 10:23:55 am EST
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report. We'll be checking it now and try to reproduce.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 09, 2021 10:42:00 am EST
Hello,

One note about the File Transfer mode. Please, note that since we have re-written the File Transfer protocol from scratch, it requires that both Viewer and Host are version 7. Otherwise the File Transfer mode won't work at all. This is from our release notes:

The remote File Transfer folders now open much faster. Note: this feature requires updating both Viewer and Host to the new version.

Mar 09, 2021 11:25:36 am EST
Yes, the viewer and host are in the same version 7.0.0.1 as I wrote earlier.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 09, 2021 12:49:19 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please try switching Current user to System or vice versa in the Access menu of the File Transfer connection mode and see if this works for you.

Hope that helps.
Mar 09, 2021 4:08:36 pm EST
Hello,

This is to inform you that we've managed to reproduce some issues that you've reported in your initial post. We will implement fixes for the reproduced issues in our next update. The updated version of Remote Utilities will be released approximately by the end of next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Mar 09, 2021 4:32:54 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Thar reminds me:on my XP Viewer machine at v 7.0.0.1, if I right click anywhere in either of the explorer panes in the file transfer window, the entire screen goes white.  Rather scary the first time it happened, but hitting escape key gets back to normal display.  I can't remember what happened in  v 6.10.0.0, and don't know what is supposed to happen.
Edited:Peter Gray - Mar 09, 2021 4:33:35 pm EST
Mar 10, 2021 7:39:34 am EST
A switch to "System" Access has no effect.
The Edit (F4), Copy (F5), Move(F6) or Execute (F9) has still no funktion. Only Rename (F2), New folder (F7) and Delete (F8) works.

The Remote execute function from the right click Menu works also, but not from the File transfer window. You can click it, but noting happens.

Maybe its nothing, but in the viewer log i often read:
10-03-2021__12:34:04__740 InetConnection #805151 - CustomerHost need. Server version: 70000
The Server version is 3.0.0.0 [3000]
Attached Files
Problems with Viewer 7.0.0.1
Mar 10, 2021 9:55:36 am EST
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the provided updates.

Peter, we haven't received other similar reports yet, but we will additionally test how the File Transfer connection mode works with Windows XP to see if we can reproduce the issue. Please note that in version 6.10.10.0 an old mechanism for the File Transfer mode was used which was replaced with an improved mechanism starting version 7 of Remote Utilities.

ipanic, thank you. I'll forward the additional information to our development department and ask for their input on this.

We'll keep you updated on the issues in this thread.
Mar 10, 2021 1:47:17 pm EST
Hello,

This is to inform you that we had reproduced and fixed reported File Transfer mode issues and would like to send you the updated files for a test, to see if the fixes work for you. Please contact us at support@remoteutilities.com so that we can email you the files along with the instructions.

Thank you!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)