Community

Performance and scroll poor

Links used in this discussion
john Randal, User (Posts: 120)
Mar 15, 2021 3:30:04 pm EDT
The performance and scroll over to the other window is very slow in the new version 7 If I am using one screen on my side and 2 on the host side and scroll over to see them both I have to run my mouse of the desk to get it there.. SLOWWWWWW
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Mar 15, 2021 6:01:31 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know which scaling mode (i.e. Normal, Fullscreen, Stretch, etc.) do you use when the issue occurs?
In addition, please make sure that you have both Host and Viewer updated to the latest version 7.0.0.1. Starting version 7 of Remote Utilities we've added full support of high DPI resolutions in order to resolve the scaling issues on 2K/4K monitors, so the version mismatch might affect the connection performance in this case.

Looking forward to your reply.
john Randal, User (Posts: 120)
Mar 15, 2021 7:19:47 pm EDT
I am running 7.0.0.1 on both I noticed it started with the new version
I am running in NORMAL mode.

If i am on my one screen at home and connect to my office that has 2 screens normally  I can move my mouse to the right side and the other screen will smoothly and quickly scroll over but not in this version,instead it shudders ..... .. BUT if i grab the slider bar on the bottom and slide it over it moves fast.. It was MUCH MUCH better the old way!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Mar 16, 2021 9:24:58 am EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please double-check if you have the Advanced mouse scroll feature enabled in the Connection Properties -> Mode tab? In case if it's disabled, please try selecting the checkbox and re-connecting to your remote Host to see if the scrolling issue persists.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)