New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

File transfer: can not open folder RTU version 7.0.0.01

Links used in this discussion
g internetnono, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 20, 2021 8:56:48 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Since Viewer version 7.0.01 file transfer doesn't work anymore (using Internet ID connection). The File taransfer window shows OK, at left the local folders, at the right just blanks whith popup message 'Can not open folder'. Entering a drive letter and folder name gives no result. So I cannot use File Transfer.
Trent, User (Posts: 56)
Mar 20, 2021 11:51:05 am EDT
Hello!  This is expected behavior if your Host is running a 6.x version and your Viewer is 7.x.  Update the host to use the same version as your Viewer and you should be good to go!

https://www.remoteutilities.com/blog/remote-utilities-7-release/#File_Transfer_navigation_speed
Jimmie Noble, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 20, 2021 1:26:03 pm EDT
Where do I find the version number of the host on my computer?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 21, 2021 3:32:00 am EDT

Jimmie Noble wrote:

Where do I find the version number of the host on my computer?

Hello Jimmie,

On the Host computer - right click on the Host icon in the system tray and select "About Remote Utilities".

You can also check the Host version remotely from the Viewer side. In Viewer switch to Details view (View -> Details) and check the "Version" column. For this method to work you must log in to the remote Host at least once so that it can communicate its version number to Viewer.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)