can't get blank host scrren even if it is setup

Links used in this discussion
marco, User (Posts: 37)
Mar 24, 2021 9:06:44 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi all,
on my viewer dashboard I set and tick the property:

blank the host's screen

of my host (see the picture attached), but when I connect I do not see any change in the behavior respect before...

maybe I misunderstand, what exactly means that property?

thanks!
Attached Files
can't get blank host scrren even if it is setup
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 24, 2021 12:23:08 pm EDT
Hello Marco,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please let me know if your remote Host is updated to the latest 7.0.0.1 version as well? In addition, try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. Please make sure to restart Host after enabling the feature in order for the changes to be applied.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Mar 24, 2021 2:04:21 pm EDT
Hi Polina and thank you for your help

I just upgraded the host to version 7.0.0.1 and enabled Use legacy capture mode.
When I connect (full or readonly) I don't see any change in the behavior respect to "normal" one.

what exactly means that  "blank the host's screen" property?
what should happen?
David Silvera, User (Posts: 16)
Mar 24, 2021 2:36:15 pm EDT
Hi marco,

It means while you are connected to the remote computer, the monitor/screen of the remote computer will remain blank so no one will be able to see what you are doing while you are connected.

Hope this helps.
Mar 24, 2021 2:53:29 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

David, thank you for your input once again.

Marco, as David correctly mentioned - the remote monitor remains blank (i.e. it's blacked out), so the remote user does not see your actions on the remote screen. In the newer versions you can also set up a text that is displayed on the remote screen when it's blanked - you can set it up by selecting the Set text for blank screen... button:
can't get blank host scrren even if it is setup - 24 Mar 2021 02:52:49
As for the issue - we have the new version 7.0.0.2 scheduled for a release today (Wednesday), so in this case I can suggest that you wait until the release is available on our website, then update both Host and Viewer and see if the issue still persists.

Please let us know if the issue still persists after the update.
Mar 24, 2021 5:38:20 pm EDT
Hello Marco,

This is to inform you that we've just released an updated version 7.0.0.2 with a few fixes for bugs/issues found in the previous release.

Could you please try updating your Remote Utilities installation and see if this helps to resolve the issue? The latest 7.0.0.2 version of Remote Utilities is available for download on this page. You can also update your installation via the Self-Update method. Please make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent to the same version in order to avoid the version mismatch.

Hope that helps.
Mar 25, 2021 5:30:56 am EDT
Hi Polina and David.
It works fine!
after the upgrading the host  to the same version (7.0.0.1) of the viewer, everything is fine.

I set:

• "blank the host's screen" property in the viewer "settings -> Additional properties" of the selected host
  •  "Use legacy capture mode" property in the host "settings -> Other" tab (then restart the host)

excellent, thank you for your help and support.
marco
Mar 25, 2021 5:05:51 pm EDT
Hello Marco,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now!

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)